Support stockings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16779

Like probably many of you, after a Doppler test I was told I had to wear these Nora Batty style support stockings, and found that whilst they did help prevent cramps in my calfs at night, they itch like mad (and aren't the most stylish thing either), so I gave up wearing them.

I have been plagued by pain in my calfs for quite a while now and re-visited them every now and then, but found the itching kept me awake as much as the pain.

But now I've found the solution, they're actually for sport but after reading about the study on calf muscles effect on metabolism and weight loss, I thought I'd try them. They were only £2.99 and they're brilliant, no itching at all and now on the 3rd night of sleep where I wasn't woken by the pain in my legs (unfortunately the pain in my broken rib is the thing that generally wakes me, so this isn't a definitive test).

They're all over Amazon and Ebay, just search for 'calf compression'.

61pqE7dC83L._SL1062_.jpg

Have a kook at Cosy Feet too. They are a bit on the expensive side but you may find something you like and with certain medical conditions you don't have to pay VAT on some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back