Support Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpurpleduck

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm new to these message boards, though not new to diabetes. I have had Type 1 for 17 years, since I was 3 years old. My entire life I've felt support in my area lacking. It can get very lonely sometimes, feeling like you're the only person in the world with diabetes. I've had contact with some people in my area who have Type 1, but it's often difficult to find time to meet others. I'd like to be involved in an online community of support - it's much easier & quicker to simply log onto your computer for a chat.

With this in mind, I plan to use these message boards to support others & find support for myself. I have also started uploading videos of my experiences to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/emznandy and have started a blog: http://emzdiabetes.blogspot.com/. Perhaps some people would like to join me in this? I think the videos are a great way to feel as though you're having a conversation without trying to arrange convenient times to meet, etc.

I'm off to have a browse at the message boards and start getting involved. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. Please have a look at my videos and blog and subscribe. Hopefully talk to some of you soon!

Good A1c dust to all!

Emma

Last edited:
Hiya!!

Welcome to the forum! I joined the forum yesterday and found it excellent! the posters on here are so much help! if you have a question or worry, they are hear to help! The best poeple ever live in this forum! 🙂 Your in good hands here.

I got diagonsed on friday and found this place on saturday so im lucky, but you must have been fairly lonely not having anyone to discuss yur diabetes too. :(

Im liking your blog btw! I wanted to start one myself, just got to get the inclination to do it lol

xx

Hi Emma, welcome to the forum 🙂 We've got a lot of people in your age group here so I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of friends. Quite a few have had diabetes since they were very little too, so there'll be lots of experiences you can share 🙂

Hi Emma! I'm 22 and have had type 1 for almost 20 years. I too write a blog - it's at the bottom of my post - and I have posted videos on there. I haven't put a video on there for a while but you've inspired me to do another one soon!

Reading your blog was a bit like reading my mind in some parts - especially about being grateful to have been diagnosed so young (11 days before my 3rd birthday) and not remembering a life without d.

I found life with type 1 incredibly lonely until I joined this place. I've found some amazing friends on here. It's brilliant to be able to come on here and have people 'get it'!

Welcome to the site.

Its a godsend, i dont know how i managed before this site. The people are amazing. Its so nice to know im not alone, and there are others with the same things on there mind to.

I was diagnosed at 16, so i do remember life before, but as i have said before in some ways my diabetes has made me a better person, i certainly understand and love my body more.

Now im pregnant this site means even more to me, i have had more support on here than from the hospital and my GP. And its miles easyier to contact these people than them.

I Feel like we are a big family, with lots of love and support, And we have a laugh sometimes too 🙂

Hi Emma, welcome to the forum............

I look forward to hearing your stories............🙂

Welcome onboard 🙂

Look forward to comparing notes on the trials and tribulations of the big D.

Hi Emma,

I've had the D since I was five years old, that makes fourteen years now for me. The only realy support I've had is from here and my wonderful new DSN. Otherwise it was a case of deal with it on your own and carry on. Glad to see another person on here.

Tom

Hi Emma, welcome to the forum.

Agree with the previous posts, you can actually communicate with people who understand.

To me that's something unique.

Had it for 18 yrs now, only just recently found out about fantastic communities such as this.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Em
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back