Support Group interest - Peterborough area

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening all,

I am fairly new to T2 diabetes and been trying to manage on my own and - well it isn't going so well. Whilst I have come to appreciate online forums like this it doesn't beat face to face support for me.

I looked online and called the helpline number to see if there were any group near me but it seems there aren't any. The nearest is 21 miles each way (42 mile round trip). The helpline suggested I try the forum to see if anyone would be interested in a face to face support group in the area.

This would be Peterborough, Whittlesey, March area.

If interested please contact me or reply in the comments 🙂

Thank you 🙂

What a lovely idea @NewGirl

Before all this crazy pandemic palaver we used to have various meeting-ups in various parts of the country, mostly just organised by a few members who lived relatively close and opened the invitation to anyone nearby.

If you can choose a location with reasonable rail links, or bus/Nat Express with a pub/cafe near the station it can be pretty easy for folks to get there even if they don’t drive.

Even if you only arrange to meet every few months it‘s amazing how the conversation flows.

Hope you get some takers!

What a lovely idea @NewGirl

Before all this crazy pandemic palaver we used to have various meeting-ups in various parts of the country, mostly just organised by a few members who lived relatively close and opened the invitation to anyone nearby.

If you can choose a location with reasonable rail links, or bus/Nat Express with a pub/cafe near the station it can be pretty easy for folks to get there even if they don’t drive.

Even if you only arrange to meet every few months it‘s amazing how the conversation flows.

Hope you get some takers!
@everydayupsanddowns Thank you. I was also thinking of a walking group to help with the exercise side of things which seems to be so important for us diabetics to help manage blood sugar levels.
Venue's may be the difficulty and working full time it would need to be weekday evening or weekends. But hopefully I will get some people who are interested 🙂

I would love to do this locally to me, but unfortunately I live nowhere near Peterborough

Oh… and I updated your thread title @NewGirl - to draw in folks in the area 🙂 Hope you don’t mind!

HI

I believe there is a local support group in Peterborough, contact the Midlands and Eastern regional office as they cover the area. I know there are a number of T2 peer support groups meeting on line too. midlands@diabetes.org.uk

Good luck

@Piglet the only support group in Peterborough is for children. But thanks. I am looking for face to face support rather than online.

I have made contact with the regional office and those covering the Peterborough area so they might well be in touch. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back