Support Diabetes UK's "Get Serious" Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallycorker

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Last night, I signed up online with Diabetes UK's "Get Serious" campaign - at the time of writing it has 4899 supporters so far.

Perhaps others would be interested to do the same. It's a very simple process - here is the link:

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/GetSerious/

As part of that process, I sent a personalised email to my MP and maybe others would consider it worth doing the same too. Here is the link that takes you through the process of emailing your MP:

http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=82&ea.campaign.id=4764

In my opinion, it would be great if the diabetic community were to become very much more actively involved in campaigning for things that we feel strongly about.

John

Last edited:
Thanks for the link John, I have signed up and will be depositing all my old clothes that are now too big for me into their clothes bank for starters.

Thanks for the link John, I have signed up and will be depositing all my old clothes that are now too big for me into their clothes bank for starters.
Well done Carol! Thanks!

I hope that many more people with diabetes and their friends and family will follow suit.

Best wishes - John

Any more members willing to add their support to Diabetes UK "Get Serious" campaign? C'mon let's all get behind it!

John

I've just signed up too.

I have just signed up to, everyone should do this its so quick and easy :D

Hi John
I've just signed up
Well done RWJ - the number seems to be going up nicely.

I hope that is due us on this forum.

C'mon let's all try to get others to help too!

Best wishes - John

I've just signed up too.
Well done Corrine - support is now up to 5022.

Let's all get behind it and keep the number moving upwards - ask friends and family and workmates too.

John

I've just signed up too.
Well done Corrine - the number is still increasing nicely.

I hope that people on this forum are making a difference.

C'mon help Diabetes UK with this campaign. Let's all try to get others to help too!

Best wishes - John

I have just signed up to, everyone should do this its so quick and easy :D
Well done scotty - the number is still going up nicely.

I hope that is due us on this forum.

C'mon everybody - let's all try to get others to help too!

Best wishes - John

Sorry but I'm not signing it until DUK get serious themselves and think not only of people with type 2 but the kids with type 1 and start getting their facts right about diabetes in general and do a proper campaign for the kids !!

Sorry but that's how I feel. They are rubbish and I know a lot more than I can say !

Sorry but I'm not signing it until DUK get serious themselves and think not only of people with type 2 but the kids with type 1 and start getting their facts right about diabetes in general and do a proper campaign for the kids !!

Sorry but that's how I feel. They are rubbish and I know a lot more than I can say !

I'm with you adrienne, I had a long discussion about this at work with a girl who used to work for diabetes uk and ended up ranting about their many faults...

they need to get their facts straight, especially regarding children. It's very annoying.

Just been on and done that. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Good job wallycorker. Thanks

i've just signed up it's at 5285 now :D
Well done Andz~O,

C'mon everybody - let's all try to get others to help too!

Best wishes - John

Just signed up was 5286 (i think)!
Great stuff Nickie.

The total is now up to 5,880 campaigners.

Anyone else willing to add their support?

This reminds me of "join me". Bloke starts a campaign to get lots of other people to join him without any specific agenda at all. They don't know what they are signing up for but they do it anyway. A Danny Wallace book/stunt I think.

Theres a lot that DUK do that I do not agree with. Their dietary advice for example is abysmal - something I am sure you agree with Wally. So when the next step in their "get serious" campaign is to push their dietary advice more forcefully? Push their "If you get fat, you will get diabetes" nonsense? Are you going to "unsign" their petition?

This is politicians' logic. "Something must be done. This is something, therefore we must do it."

Sometimes doing the wrong thing is far worse than doing nothing. And if you want to support something, then stick to things where you know what it is you're supporting and not for an organisation who hold a stance on some issues where you are the polar opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back