Supplement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo328

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been reading about [redacted] this weekend which is a supplement that is sweeping the USA and seems to have great results in reducing the effects of diabetes and having a significant effect on weight loss and general good health. I can’t find anything negative about it but have always worked on the theory that if it is too good To be true then it usually is. Does anyone know of this new “wonder drug” and is it legit or a scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum @Simmo328 🙂

Diabetes UK don’t recommend the use of herbal or natural supplements because the claims about their effectiveness are often overstated and potentially misleading. There are all sorts of these blends and concoctions that do the rounds from time to time, they are unregulated and there isn’t robust clinical evidence to support them.

The way I see it, if there were a natural compound that was as effectove as was being claimed then pharma would have isolated it, concentrated it, trialled it, and made it available as a medication (as has happened with natural extracts in the past).

Remember that phrases such as ‘natural’, ‘herbal’ and ‘derived from plant’ do not necessarily mean ‘safe’.

Diabetes UK does not recommend the use of herbal remedies and supplements as there is not enough evidence that they are safe and effective for people with diabetes to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back