supplement vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people do need B12, if they have a B12 deficiency which becomes more likely the longer anyone happens to take Metformin for. Hence if you have been taking Metformin for a while and think you might have a B12 deficiency, ask your GP to do a blood test for it.

Often B12 deficiency is caused by the inability to absorb Vit B12 from foods, if that is the reason the oral vit B12 will not help and injections of B12 would be required usually 3 monthly.

Thank you both for replying I have seen on the net that b12 is beneficial for type 2 diabetics and was just wandering if anyone on here took it and if they did was it beneficial for them before l ordered any as nowhere around here sells it. My Dad was a diabetic and he took brewers yeast everyday as he always told me that diabetics should take brewers yeast daily. Which is why l was wondering about B12. My next appointment, with the diabetic clinic,
will be sometime at the end of this month so l will ask then about it.
Thank you once again

I use a vitamin b12 spray, intermittently when I remember to be honest. I don’t know if it helped or not, I felt like it helped my energy levels when I first started, but having been diabetic on metformin for 13 years (which depletes your b12) I decided it had more chance of doing me good than bad. It hasn’t affected my blood sugars at all.

Thank you Lucyr much appreciated l shall ask the question on my next visit to the diabetic clinic. Just thought that if it would be beneficial that l would buy some from Amazon but l shall wait and see what the nurse says. Thank you once again

If you do decide to buy some yourself I buy mine online From Troo health care Vitamin B12 high strength ,quite small capsules ,quick delivery.
Carol
PS I don't have anything to do with the company !!!

Often B12 deficiency is caused by the inability to absorb Vit B12 from foods, if that is the reason the oral vit B12 will not help and injections of B12 would be required usually 3 monthly.
Have you any research to prove that the supplements won't be absorbed please ?
Carol

Have you any research to prove that the supplements won't be absorbed please ?
Carol
Absorption of vit B12 requires intrinsic factor which is prevented from being produced by some medications or gastric conditions.
An oral route would still require it to be able to be absorbed but if injected then it goes directly into the system.
Obviously if people still produce intrinsic factor then tablet form would be OK. There is a test to check but rarely done I think.

I've been taking B12 supplements for a while now, mainly because I follow a vegetarian diet, and it's essential for energy levels and overall well-being. It's always good to cover any potential nutrient gaps, right? When it comes to supplements, it's crucial to consider individual needs and consult with a healthcare professional if unsure.
Also, the topic of too much protein in hair is pretty important. For me, it's fascinating how our diet can impact not just our internal health but also external factors like hair health. I've read that excessive protein in hair can lead to brittleness and breakage. It's a reminder to strike a balance in our diets and ensure we're nourishing our bodies inside and out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back