Summer Problems with the Heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quakerbod

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Just had my interim review. Back in March my weight was 98kg sort of middling. Got to the centre this morning thinking I had lost a little more around the sternum you know thay bit that sits under the ribs... I nearly dies the scales think I put on 6kg in six months. I can't find anything in my lifestyle that would create a caloie increase sufficient to put on this level of weight... Haven't checked on the home scales yet... This with the eye problem of last week. Frightened to death suddenly the left eye is like a snow globe and in the evening flashes of light in the corner. Emergency hospital and I have a little retina detatched from the eye jelly. Panic over the retina and the blood vessels in my eye are in really good shape. The snow has gone and its age related (70).
Sat at home sulking.... I will say that the diabetes support via the GP over the pandemic was pitiful, this last review today the practitioner seemed to actually care.. The previous two I just got the impression I was just another sausage going through the Trust?

Just had my interim review. Back in March my weight was 98kg sort of middling. Got to the centre this morning thinking I had lost a little more around the sternum you know thay bit that sits under the ribs... I nearly dies the scales think I put on 6kg in six months. I can't find anything in my lifestyle that would create a caloie increase sufficient to put on this level of weight... Haven't checked on the home scales yet... This with the eye problem of last week. Frightened to death suddenly the left eye is like a snow globe and in the evening flashes of light in the corner. Emergency hospital and I have a little retina detatched from the eye jelly. Panic over the retina and the blood vessels in my eye are in really good shape. The snow has gone and its age related (70).
Sat at home sulking.... I will say that the diabetes support via the GP over the pandemic was pitiful, this last review today the practitioner seemed to actually care.. The previous two I just got the impression I was just another sausage going through the Trust?
Don't forget your clothes can weigh a fair bit, and a visit to the loo can account for nearly a kilo so it may not be as bad as you think.
I hope your eyes settle down.

Sorry to hear about your unexpected weight gain @Quakerbod

Will be interested to hear if it’s a difference between your home scales, and the ones at the practice.

I am guessing that as it came as a bit of a surprise you’ve not felt different in yourself?

Have you got a plan for any menu tweaks you might make? Slightly reduced portion sizes? Or another weight-loss strategy that has worked for you in the past?

Glad to hear your eyes have improved 🙂

Have you been doing more exercise @Quakerbod ? Just wondering if the weight you've gained is muscle since you felt you are thinner

Sorry to hear about your unexpected weight gain @Quakerbod

Will be interested to hear if it’s a difference between your home scales, and the ones at the practice.

I am guessing that as it came as a bit of a surprise you’ve not felt different in yourself?

Have you got a plan for any menu tweaks you might make? Slightly reduced portion sizes? Or another weight-loss strategy that has worked for you in the past?

Glad to hear your eyes have improved 🙂
Yes it could be different scales/time of day or the clothing you are wearing.

I have 2 sets of scales at home, there is a 5 pound difference with them, one of them is similar to the ones at the doctors so I use them to weigh myself, but I weigh in first thing after the loo and naked, which I cant do at the doctors. Could it be this? are you comparing the weight at the doctors on both occassions or is one at home on your own scales.

The fact you feel slimmer under your rib cage makes me think you wont have gained, or not that much anyway. Glad your eyes are better too x

Hi im newbie when i was on slimming world.I put on abit of weight but i was dropping sizes.
We are all different.Have you measured yourself.That was a great bit of advice..
I had the same as your eye.Mine was because my blood pressure was deadly high.But seems to of settled down.I also fell a few times with my nerve damadge and left it..Glad its feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back