Suggested dinner options for valentines day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh DUK

Former Online Community and Learning Manager
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello Everyone,

Today is a Valentine's Day and my first instinct was to go for dinner somewhere, but with the cost of living I don't think that's an option. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some low carb meals that could be made at home? I saw this glazed salmon recipe on BBC that looked okay. Maybe axe the honey/vinegar and find substitutes or use a small amount.

1676393331384.png

Hello Everyone,

Today is a Valentine's Day and my first instinct was to go for dinner somewhere, but with the cost of living I don't think that's an option. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some low carb meals that could be made at home? I saw this glazed salmon recipe on BBC that looked okay. Maybe axe the honey/vinegar and find substitutes or use a small amount.

View attachment 24233
Ah Valentines Day dinner. Think I will push out the boat on this day of romance.
Boiled egg and oat cracker. That should keep the love alive. Ha ha

I'm doing an easy fish pie, courtesy of a BBC food recipe. Smoked fish, leek and cream with salt and pepper, topped with thinly sliced potatoes (i use a mandolin). Cover with cling film and pierce then microwave for 10 mins before finishing off under the grill. Carbs are 38g plus whatever you serve it with, we're having just veg.

Mind you, its not really a Valentines meal as we have it every few weeks. Maybe i should make it more romantic and put a candle on the table :rofl:

Hello Everyone,

View attachment 24233

Food looks yum.

I'm surprised no one has said about steak being low carb yet :rofl:

I have no particular reason to celebrate this year, but I do want some chocolate so I'm going to make myself some chocolate peanut butter cups with some petit four cake cases, 90% cocoa chocolate and peanut butter made without added sugar.

For a more romantic dessert without pushing the carb boat out, you could melt 85%+ cocoa chocolate and either mix with double cream for a ganache, or use egg yolks and whisked egg whites to make a mousse, and serve topped with strawberries

So I made this dish last night, but decided to add a small bit of rice. It was okay, but very strange flavours. Particularly the honey with spinach 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back