sugars running high

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ever since those night shifts my bloods have been running much higher. Its horrible, I was doing so well up until then with an average which was pretty good. Now I look at what my software is telling me and I get a sinking feeling, its horrible. I'm constantly running up at like, 10 with some random super highs and am barely ever within or anywhere near my target range. Its awful. I'm scared for my next HBA1C. I'm hoping its just a blip, a few off days, but tbh, i think this is going to keep happening til I get a new job.

Oh well, got my GP letter today to take to maccys and get me off night shifts. Hopefully that will sort things a bit better.

Hi Sam, sorry to hear about the highs - hope you get the day shifts🙂 I read something a while ago about how lack of sleep (or sleeping in an unusual pattern) can really mess with the endocrine system, so this might be contributing to your current run of higher numbers. Have you signed up with Royal South Hants yet? The DSNs there might be able to give you some advice about maybe adjusting basal or maybe meal times.🙂

Hi Sam, sorry to hear about the highs - hope you get the day shifts🙂 I read something a while ago about how lack of sleep (or sleeping in an unusual pattern) can really mess with the endocrine system, so this might be contributing to your current run of higher numbers. Have you signed up with Royal South Hants yet? The DSNs there might be able to give you some advice about maybe adjusting basal or maybe meal times.🙂

well, my GP said she would refer me...but as yet hasn't because apparently theres a new system. Other than that I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I have an appointment with the diabetic nurses at the surgery next week so i'll ask them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back