Sugarmate problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebearcametoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Just a heads up for anyone who uses Sugarmate for dexcom alarms that the app is currently locked out of dexcom data (outside of the US) and will likely remain so until the end of the year at least. I now need to find another way to get notifications of night time hypos whilst still being able to mute everything else on my phone.

We are reaching out to share an update on the disruption of CGM data in your Sugarmate account.

Regrettably, our Sugarmate app is no longer receiving Dexcom CGM data for our customers outside the United States. To date, Sugarmate has utilized a legacy channel to access Dexcom CGM data and as a result of regular Dexcom CGM updates to enhance scalability and performance, this channel is no longer available. We are still working to understand if this disruption will extend to Sugarmate app users in the United States in the near future, and if so for what duration. Customers in the U.S. will be notified at least 24 hours in advance if a disruption in service will occur.

We are collaborating closely with our partners at Dexcom to restore CGM data to the Sugarmate app. We know Sugarmate will need to be updated in order to work with official Dexcom channels and are committed to moving as quickly as we can, but do not currently anticipate having Sugarmate accounts outside of the United States reconnected before the end of the year.

We will continue to keep you updated through regular communications. In the meantime, we encourage you to utilize the G6 and Follow applications from Dexcom for your daily care.

We thank you for your patience and understanding and please accept our sincerest apologies.

Sincerely,

The Sugarmate Team

I saw this mentioned on an xDrip forum.
The response was "If you have XDrip setup as your receiver then XDrip works locally without internet access (unlike sugarmate)."
Te downside of xDrip is that it does not record the data in a standard database that HCP use.

Am I right that xdrip is only Android?

We use IOS to get alerts for out kid and it worked really well at night for hypos. I’m trying to work out what our other options are instead of just the follow alerts.

Am I right that xdrip is only Android?

We use IOS to get alerts for out kid and it worked really well at night for hypos. I’m trying to work out what our other options are instead of just the follow alerts.
There is an xDripIOS for Apple

IOS 15 allows for you to customise alerts on do not disturb so we can just add the follow app into that and it worked to bypass do not disturb. It also seemed to wake my husband whereas he somehow would sleep through phones ringing and me getting up so that’s a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back