Sugar won’t come down

scotland10

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was quite ill with a flu bug (not covid) I started a course of steroid & antibiotics. Since then my sugar level has shot up. Is that normal ?

Steroids (and some antibiotics) can put your blood sugar up @scotland10 Are you on any meds for the diabetes?

Steroids (and some antibiotics) can put your blood sugar up @scotland10 Are you on any meds for the diabetes?
Type 2 insulin.I used to inject 10/6 units. Now I’m having to inject 20/22 units I’ve only got 2 days of the course to run. I don’t know whether to stop the treatment as I feel ok now ?

Don’t stop your treatment without medical advice @scotland10 Keep on with it until you’re told to stop. Remember that your insulin needs will change. You might want to check about that in the next couple of days so you know how much to take after the treatment has ended.

I hope you’re feeling completely better soon.

Don’t stop your treatment without medical advice @scotland10 Keep on with it until you’re told to stop. Remember that your insulin needs will change. You might want to check about that in the next couple of days so you know how much to take after the treatment has ended.

I hope you’re feeling completely better soon.
Thank you Inka for your kind advice

Back