Sugar levels 22 all day. Officially freaked out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca77

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My sugar levels were 18 and 19 all day yesterday and today they are 22 all day. My god. I’m freaking out. I’ve done keto strip which is almost normal and to add, I haven’t even eaten yet today. Too scared to cause they are so high :(

What is your keto strip saying your ketones are?

it may be worth ringing NHS on 111 for advice

Have you been doing corrections? Im presuming you have?

I ha

i haven’t even eaten yet today :( my keto strip is saying 0.05 mmol trace
Hi Becca,
perhaps if you ate something it would stop your liver dumping glucose due to it thinking you are starving and need extra fuel.

Sorry, what do you mean corrections?
Corrections are injecting more insulin to correct your bg if they are still off.

Hi. Sorry but what’s corrections? Thanks
Hi becca.

A correction is where you inject for example 1 unit of fast acting insulin to being your levels down by roughly 5 mmols.
Could we know a bit about your back story? How long have you been diagnosed and what insulin program are you on?

Hi. Sorry but what’s corrections? Thanks
Corrections means correcting with an injection of insulin, but I seem to remember you aren’t on insulin, so it’s not relevant to you.

A correction is where you inject for example 1 unit of fast acting insulin to being your levels down by roughly 5 mmols.
Could we know a bit about your back story? How long have you been diagnosed and what insulin program are you on?
If you click on Becca's avatar, you get a pop up box containing information, one of which is the number of 'previous posts' and if you click on the number, you get a list of them, and you can quickly check a member's earlier posts to see if they’ve given the info on another thread.

I’ve just started metformin 3 days ago. Not on insulin
Becca, what are you eating? are you on low carb? how long have yo been type 2? what is your most recent HbA1C If your BG is that high you might want to call the doc and discuss or the diabetic nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back