Sugar-free Cory Vaughn confronts diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After completing the season at Class A St. Lucie, Mets outfield prospect Cory Vaughn found himself speaking on the steps of the California State Capitol in Sacramento on Nov. 14, 2012.

The message he delivered on the annual World Diabetes Day: Having juvenile diabetes does not need to be an obstacle to achievement.

?There were a bunch of people around. It was packed and I was nervous,? said Vaughn, the son of former MLB outfielder Greg and a fourth-round selection in 2010 out of San Diego State, where he played for Tony Gwynn. ?I was on the steps and I was talking. I just let it kind of flow out, and it went real well.

?I?m definitely trying to let everyone know, especially the young kids nowadays with Type 1 diabetes, that you can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it and really take care of yourself and learn to be disciplined with your diabetes. Just because you have this disease doesn?t mean the world is over.?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/81278/sugar-free-cory-vaughn-confronts-diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back