Sugar free coffee syrups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck S

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello

Anyone know of any sugar free syrups that taste good? I know about Monin, but I can only really get them in big bottles, so I'm looking for something that doesn't taste like the usual bottle of artificial sweeteners. Thanks.

I think you mean syrups that you can use at home - I have never bought any but I have to say that the sugar-free gingerbread lattes available at most branches of Costa really knock my socks off :D

Before diagnosis I consumed so many of the version with sugar that I got a discount in one branch in Manchester 😉 so I think I'm well placed to discern whether the sugar-free version is any good!

I like coffee end of story - not adulterated except by cows milk (well or buffalos where cows are sacred LOL) end of story. If you don't like coffee, well drink something else instead of adulterating it.

I think you mean syrups that you can use at home - I have never bought any but I have to say that the sugar-free gingerbread lattes available at most branches of Costa really knock my socks off :D

Before diagnosis I consumed so many of the version with sugar that I got a discount in one branch in Manchester 😉 so I think I'm well placed to discern whether the sugar-free version is any good!
Haha. This year was my first Christmas without a Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte, and it was so hard!!

I like coffee end of story - not adulterated except by cows milk (well or buffalos where cows are sacred LOL) end of story. If you don't like coffee, well drink something else instead of adulterating it.
Even worse, due to a slightly high blood pressure I'm starting to drink decaff! I don't drink a lot of coffee, I like the whole taste of the sweet flavoured ones as a whole. I shall always adulterate it 😛

Theres an online company called Sweet bird that does sugar free syrups that taste good and are not in huge bottles Becks
Thanks, I'll check it out! Anything where people can say I've tried this and it tastes good I'm all for trying.

Last edited:
Aaargh - you sweeten coffee ! I packed in sugar in coffee when I was about 15, enough sweetness in a splosh of full fat pasteurised for me - though I still had sugar in tea until 1972 LOL

Aaargh - you sweeten coffee ! I packed in sugar in coffee when I was about 15, enough sweetness in a splosh of full fat pasteurised for me - though I still had sugar in tea until 1972 LOL
:D

Yeah, I sugar both my tea and coffee - it's the last bastion of sugar I still have hanging around, although I'm having to look to change it. Could never cope with the bitterness of coffee without sugar.

When my father was diagnosed in the 1990's my mother sent us all cold turkey and removed sugar from everything.

It was useful because when I went to uni I was able to get by on black coffee when all the milk got drunk!

Occasionally I sweaten mine with Monin. Although the bottle is huge it lasts ok.

I was looking at sugar free syrups on Amazon the other day, mainly thinking about low carb pancakes. Very mixed reviews though, so I gave them a miss.

If you find coffe bitter ad a tiny pinch of salt, and I do mean tiny.
I do as I don’t use salt in food, and I add a larger pinch of cinnamon, as I like the taste.

I have always drank gallons of coffee, helps me function.
Prior to diagnosis it was always white with 3 spoonfulls of brown sugar,never white sugar.
First thing every morning 2 x 1/2 litre pots.
Caramel macchiattos, cappuccinos, lattes, you name it,Vnce had it, any syrup Gingerbread, wonderful at Xmas.
Even have a cappuccino machine at home in the UK
Now that together wth my juicer is redundant.
Now I drink all my coffee black unsweetened now, having one now as I type, and the espresso machine is never off back home in Newcastle.
When I say I have 3 or 4 espressos each day,, they are double espressos.
I have it strong, spoon stand up straight type of strong.
Carry around 5 kilos of it in my suitcase to Shanghai when I come here. It is the equivalent of £10 for 227 gr/wt to buy here.
Cannot exist without coffee.

If you want to be really extravagant put a whole cinnamon stick in a cup of rally strong black coffee
Yes that is excellent.

If you have a TK Maxx near you they tend to do several different sugar free coffee syrups. I like adding it in to my porridge some mornings aswell as in the occasional coffee. They are about £3.99 a bottle in there. I have the bottle at home but take some to keep at work in a travel size toiletry bottle.

If you have a TK Maxx near you they tend to do several different sugar free coffee syrups. I like adding it in to my porridge some mornings aswell as in the occasional coffee. They are about £3.99 a bottle in there. I have the bottle at home but take some to keep at work in a travel size toiletry bottle.
Excellent idea

Oo, I've got a Home Sense across the road so I'll check that out. Like the idea of getting it cheaper!

I love how this thread has switched to how we all take our coffee. Brilliant 🙂

Stopped in to Home Sense last night, and they had a pretty big range of syrups, that on closer inspection were all made by the same company, even though they were all branded differently! Picked up a toffee flavoured one, £3.99 for a bottle. Have tried it in work this morning and its... ok. Can definitely taste the sweetener, but it's not as bad as I thought - I'm hoping that I'll just get used to it after a while. I may have put too much in though, so will have to experiment. There were caramel, salted caramel, vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate, and coconut flavours there.

But hey, means I've cut my sugar intake down again, so it's not a bad thing.

My De Longhi bean-to-cup machine gets hammered in the mornings. I only ever drink coffee black. I have Monin syrup in for my daughter - she likes the vanilla. It lasts forever, but that’s because of the sugar. I’m not sure how long the sugar free versuons will last. (I only ever drink tea black, as well, but that’s off topic:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back