Sugar free boiled sweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all!

I'm just wondering whether this happens to anybody here who eats sugar free sweets. I know that if you eat too many you could get diahorrea.

Last week my girls were given a sugar free stick of rock to share (it was enormous!! 😱) I broke it all up and both of them had a smallish piece of it for pudding. About one hour later my non diabetic daughter let rip some exrtreme bottom burps. I didn't think too much about it, but it did occur to me that the rock might be the cause of it. My diabetic daughter wasn't affected at all.

Yesterday I bought some sugar free boiled sweets for a treat, which isn't something I do very often(but they also had cola bottles,cherry chews, gummi bears, which C hadn't had since diagnosis and I'd never seen sugar free versions before). Again my daughter was affected the same way as described above.

I guess the best thing to do is not to give her any sugar free sweets, but proper ones, if any at all.

Sugar free sweets also have THAT effect on me. :(

I did have quite a few in one go though and, perhaps, if it was just one or two, I wouldn't have been so badly affected.

However, I won't ever eat any of them ever again!

Andy

There was a topic about sugar free sweets recently I think.

I would suggest that its better to not eat sugar free sweets as they are packed with chemical sweetners which can be as bad for you.

(Google Sugar free sweets and it will bring up quite a few sites listing the 'cons').

Hope that helps🙂

Reactions: TJH
There was a topic about sugar free sweets recently I think.

I would suggest that its better to not eat sugar free sweets as they are packed with chemical sweetners which can be as bad for you.

(Google Sugar free sweets and it will bring up quite a few sites listing the 'cons').

Hope that helps🙂

Thanks, Keaver 🙂 I'll have a look.

I only posted this out of curiousity really 😉. I only buy them once in a blue moon. We were on a day out yesterday when I spotted the sweety stall. The girls and I only had about 3 sweets each spread out throughout the day (bought them about 10am) And the rest of the enormous rock went in the bin the day after they had some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back