Sugar free and Gluten free cookery book?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth Goode

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My daughter aged 2 is diagnosed type 1 diabetic last month, I have been giving her sugar free or low sugar food/drink since. Now I have been a Coeliac for nearly 30 years and on gluten free diet and would like to start make cakes, etc again but this time sugar free as well so any ideas or advice?

I have seen gluten free cook books on Amazon. There is a web site that might be able to help www.foodmatters.co.uk. haven't seen anything gluten and sugar free thoe. Perhaps someone else will be along soon and help?

ANother site you might like to try is www.foodsmatter.com, I work with someone who has a gluten intolerance who finds it quite useful.
I hope you find everything you are looking for.

Thank you Caroline, I only managed to find one book and it's american, I think I will order it as I couldn't not find any more or anything better!
Maybe I should get a sugar free one and replace flour for gluten free flour, its do taste dry if I do that but its better than nothing 🙂

I think it is trial and error. My husband has a dairy intolerance so we have had to swap milk in some dishes for a substitue. You learn a lot about what will and wont work. It is hard when you are trying to feed a family and take everyones needs, likes and dislikes into account.

Thank you, I will look into them - I guess it's best to buy some sugar free cookery books and use Gluten free flour instead and try them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back