Sugar dump in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi , yes still nowhere near under control over Christmas but feel I would get there. Last night I went to bed it’s 8.1 Bmmols so under ten and I am happy with that . Up in night at around 3.30 with headache and possibly four maybe fifth trip to the wee room. Blood sugar up to 12.9 then taken this morning it’s 7.8 . What can I do to change things or should I get in touch with Gp for meds. I have eaten some naughties and I’m not able to exercise as not long after hip op. I do the ecercises and move as much but it’s about a third of what I had built up too.

You need to get back on track with your carb intake and try to get the 2 hour after meals to no more than 2-3mmol/l increase and aim for no more than 8.5mmol/l.
You are aware of the effects of having a higher blood glucose, like the headache and being up and down like a yoyo but making sure you drink enough water to help flush that excess glucose from you system.
I sympathise with not being able to do much exercise as I have been pretty immobile since Knee surgery 2 months ago but I was gobsmacked that I have remained the same weight even though it feels as if I have put on pounds.

I am losing a little weight despite eating wrong and not exercising. But a lot will be the inflammation fluid going down

Personally, I would "ride out" the Christmas period and then, in the New Year get back on track with carbs
Trying to do so whilst everyone else is over indulging will make me hate diabetes more.

Personally, I would "ride out" the Christmas period and then, in the New Year get back on track with carbs
Trying to do so whilst everyone else is over indulging will make me hate diabetes more.
Thank you , I am not over indulgent just not as strict as normal. I think you are wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back