Sugar blood test

Status
Not open for further replies.

gino1234

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've type 2 diabetes and my blood test has come back with results of 82 back in oct/ Nov and I have had another one last week and it's 91 so have just received a message from my surgery to make an urgent appointment with my nurse as i am at risk of HHS which is dangerous, I'm extremely scared, could anyone give me any advice or reasurance I can sort this out
Thankyou

I've type 2 diabetes and my blood test has come back with results of 82 back in oct/ Nov and I have had another one last week and it's 91 so have just received a message from my surgery to make an urgent appointment with my nurse as i am at risk of HHS which is dangerous, I'm extremely scared, could anyone give me any advice or reasurance I can sort this out
Thankyou
Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit more about your situation, have you been prescribed any medication or made dietary changes since your result in October.
If you have to wait a while for your appointment it would be a good idea to buy some ketone urine test strips from the pharmacy as high blood glucose and ketones puts you at risk of DKA which needs immediate medical attention.

Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit more about your situation, have you been prescribed any medication or made dietary changes since your result in October.
If you have to wait a while for your appointment it would be a good idea to buy some ketone urine test strips from the pharmacy as high blood glucose and ketones puts you at risk of DKA which needs immediate medical attention.
Hi
I'm on metformin twice a day and insulin twice a day, ive been quite poorly with an awful cough for about 10 weeks, had antibiotics in the end and it had improved so don't think that has helped, I haven't helped myself as not been eating healthy either, im struggling with it all so I'm going to the doctors first thing tomorrow to see what I can do.

Hi
I'm on metformin twice a day and insulin twice a day, ive been quite poorly with an awful cough for about 10 weeks, had antibiotics in the end and it had improved so don't think that has helped, I haven't helped myself as not been eating healthy either, im struggling with it all so I'm going to the doctors first thing tomorrow to see what I can do.
Infection will increase blood glucose as will antibiotics in some people and those taking insulin will need to adjust their dose.
What insulins do you take.
I hope your GP can help.

Infection will increase blood glucose as will antibiotics in some people and those taking insulin will need to adjust their dose.
What insulins do you take.
I hope your GP can help.
Insulatard twice a day, just so worried something is going to happen to me, sorry I'm just not dealing with this at all, thankyou for listening

Insulatard twice a day, just so worried something is going to happen to me, sorry I'm just not dealing with this at all, thankyou for listening
That is just a background basal insulin which works throughout the day and night but may not be enough to cope with the carbohydrates you are having for your meals or snacks you are eating, which could be why your levels are so high.
You could ask your GP if it would be better to have a basal and bolus (insulin you take for meals) to help bring your levels down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back