Sugar alterntive / Which cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am only just getting used to drinking coffee without sugar now, ive tryed sweetner and its horrible, I like the canderel on my weetabix though,any suggestions on good cereals or any other sweetners

CoffeeArt.jpg

allbran.gif

Hi Scotty. Well seeing as I can't have Frosties any more ( 🙄 ) I now have porridge (sweetened with Canderel) or anything oaty, also with Candarel. At the moment i have the occasional small bowl of Clusters, which don't need any sweetening.

BTW, for me, 'canderel' is a generic term covering all granulated sweeteners, cos I find Supermarkets' own is just the same, at half the price.

xx
PS sorry but I've always preferred the taste of coffee with sweeteners rather than sugar!!

I am only just getting used to drinking coffee without sugar now, ive tryed sweetner and its horrible, I like the canderel on my weetabix though,any suggestions on good cereals or any other sweetners

I was told to avoid sweeteners by my nurse.

Most mornings i have bog standard cornflakes - they are OK without sugar. I have porridge without anything on it some days and I got used to it.

I sometimes have a smidgeon of honey on things that need sweetening. It will take time for you to get used to less sweet things like the coffee.

I guess if you're on MDI you could bolus for sugar on your breakfast. I usually only eat something sweet for a dessert with a main meal and that's usually fruit or yoghurt.

When I dropped sugar from drinks coffee was the hardest. But I hate sweetners so I just dropped from 2 sugars to none. Takes a couple of days to get used to it but it does happen, I drank smaller cups while getting used to it as a whole mug of unsweetened coffee was to much to contemplate!!

I find muesli has a sweet taste to it so thats a good one to do without sugar, or have cornflakes or shreddies with a low sugar yogurt instead of milk. I can now eat most cereals without sugar & the ones I cant (wheatabix & rice crispies) I just avoid.

try Splenda and ricecrispies corn fakes have lots of sugar believeme i use to work for Weetabix and making any kind of cereals bran flakes included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back