Suffering from achey legs and irritable legs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma19834

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone after some thoughts/advice experiences, for the last 2 weeks I'm suffering with achey irritable legs on a night, ok through day, sometimes tingly toes but not oft, and as I wrote this feel like I have tingly lips, I have a job were im on go on feet and generally don't get a break for 9 hours 3 days a week, I wonder of anyone has any advice or has been through something similar and found relief? I recently had my reading back and I'm between 4.5 and 4.9 so my nurse is happy with me. Tia everyone xx

Is it like restless leg syndrome? I have this every evening as soon as I settle to watch tv. Are you on a very low carb diet? You have to watch that your not lacking in any vitamins. Magnesium deficiency can cause these types of symptoms and sometimes low ferritin. Xx

Sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing in your legs overnight @Emma19834 :(

How have your pulses been at recent checks? Are you aware of any reduction in sensation in your legs or feet?

Are you checking your own levels at home? How were the 4.5 and 4.9 you mention measured?

Sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing in your legs overnight @Emma19834 :(

How have your pulses been at recent checks? Are you aware of any reduction in sensation in your legs or feet?

Are you checking your own levels at home? How were the 4.5 and 4.9 you mention measured?
Hiya sorry for late reply I've not managed to get on till now,
My pulse was fine easy found and nurse has been quiet happy with all my results, my feet sensation is good, just my toes that are playing up been warm. No I check now and again but not something I do all the time, they were between 4.5mml n 4.9mml from my blood test. I'm hoping I start to feel better soon.

Is it like restless leg syndrome? I have this every evening as soon as I settle to watch tv. Are you on a very low carb diet? You have to watch that your not lacking in any vitamins. Magnesium deficiency can cause these types of symptoms and sometimes low ferritin. Xx
I'm not sure, it's just my toes , my feet and legs are fine:/ no im not on a low carbon diet I'm on ozempic so my appetite isn't great, when I do eat I try and pick the better alternative. I'm not sure if I'm lacking vit d I'm going to ask my nurse see if I can be tested. I did buy some zinc and magnesium tablets but I need to check see if there ok with medication I'm taking. Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it x

Lovely to see you again @Emma19834

Hope you get some relief soon.

Hi @Emma19834 - may I please enquire when you were diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, how did it come to be diagnosed and what medication you are currently taking. Thing is - tingly lips for me = low blood glucose.

It's perfectly possible especially if the 4.5 and 4.9 came from fingerprick blood tests that yours could be caused by that too - in which case people could tell you all sorts of things about neuropathy which you easily may not even have. Please tell us more!

Hi @Emma19834 - may I please enquire when you were diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, how did it come to be diagnosed and what medication you are currently taking. Thing is - tingly lips for me = low blood glucose.

It's perfectly possible especially if the 4.5 and 4.9 came from fingerprick blood tests that yours could be caused by that too - in which case people could tell you all sorts of things about neuropathy which you easily may not even have. Please tell us more!
Hiya thank you for your reply , well I was diagnosed 9 years ago after numerous tests I had no symptoms that are common was just feeling under weather, the medication I currently take is 2 metfornin on morning and night 500g 1 labetalol morning and night and ozempic 1mg once a week I don't normally suffer but just of late it mainly occurs I'd im sat for great periods I don't suffer in daytime or when up and about. I dont really test regularly, my tesult is from my blood test although when I finger test it ranges depending on what I have from 5 to 8.5 after eating. Last night I'd done a 9hr shift my job is on my feet all day and rarely do I manage to get a break my left leg was in agony and thing it was emphasised with it been so humid only relief I get is if I lay down. Thank you for your reply. 🙂

So - next time you get tingly anything - please please grab your meter and test!

Also, could this be side effects of the beta blocker you're on for your blood pressure? (that's the labetalol - which I had to google as I've never heard of it before) Did they try other drugs for your BP first?

I've just edited tested and it's at 9.2 but I had a slice of toast and an apple at about 230
Usually it's lower.
I was on another form of BP tablet but changed as me and my partner are hoping to try for a baby and the other was unsuitable. I have a telephone consultation on weds with my dn and I'm going to query b1w deficiency as I don't think I've ever been tested for it and want to rule it out. X

I've just edited tested and it's at 9.2 but I had a slice of toast and an apple at about 230
Usually it's lower.
I was on another form of BP tablet but changed as me and my partner are hoping to try for a baby and the other was unsuitable. I have a telephone consultation on weds with my dn and I'm going to query b1w deficiency as I don't think I've ever been tested for it and want to rule it out. X
Is that the sort of food you would normally have as it is probably rather too much carb for you to tolerate and keep your blood glucose at better level as over 8.5mmol/l after eating is not so good. Something with protein or healthy fats would be a better choice so some cheese with the apple or peanut butter on your toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back