Sue cleaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaL76

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Is wearing a dexcom in the jungle o_O Was only saying the other day how there had been no diabetics in the jungle

Is wearing a dexcom in the jungle o_O Was only saying the other day how there had been no diabetics in the jungle
How do you know there hasn't been anyone with diabetes in the jungle? Not everyone uses sensors or has them visible 🙂

I've never seen the programme or heard of the person you mentioned in your title either 🙂

Non to my knowledge then I should say. Shes in Corrie
But it used to be recommended contestants should test negative for diabetes

It will be interesting to see if she is exempt from eating trials.
Also, I hope she has her hypo treatments well hidden from camp mates. 🙄 Actually, you could imagine if you were starving in camp and just on basic provisions, that you could be easily tempted to dip into them yourself. I don't have a TV to follow it regularly but I will be interesting to hear how she gets on and if there is any specific exemption from food trials or any mention of it in camp. A campfire discussion might be helpful to spread broader public awareness but can also understand her perhaps not wanting to have a very public discussion about it.

I read today that shes exempt from the food trials.
According to media she's T2 but no details on a quick search as to how she manages it.
I would assume regardless of treatment they would have her on a CGM to cover their own backsides legally 🙂

I read today that shes exempt from the food trials.
According to media she's T2 but no details on a quick search as to how she manages it.
I would assume regardless of treatment they would have her on a CGM to cover their own backsides legally 🙂

Well already there is misinformation circulating then because I am sure @eggyg or perhaps someone else said that she was Type 1, but don't know where they got that information.

all media over the last few days is saying t2 as that she has spoken openly about it but we all know how full of it they can be 😉
One paper did say she has spoke openly about it in the past but I take everything with a pinch of salt.

It is of course possible that she was initially diagnosed Type 2 but was eventually found to be Type 1.... or maybe people have seen the CGM and jumped to the conclusion that she is Type 1 when it is just a precaution taken by the "I'm a Celeb" support team..... Or maybe she is actually LADA orType 3c but may or may not even be aware of her classification herself as many LADA and Type 3cs don't when they first come to the forum here.

Well already there is misinformation circulating then because I am sure @eggyg or perhaps someone else said that she was Type 1, but don't know where they got that information.
I was sure she was Type 1 but have also read of late she’s Type 2. But apparently she collapsed whilst filming and rushed to hospital and was diagnosed with diabetes about 20 years ago. That doesn’t sound like a typical way to be diagnosed with Type 2. Unless the media are presuming because of her age at the time which was about 40. It’s a Dexcom she’s wearing not a Libre so that in itself seems more like Type 1 equipment.

Hi all, Sue is Type 2, when I noticed how much weight she had lost, I remember her on Corrie as having a similar shape and starting point, age to me and clicked on her weight loss journey which was triggered by discovering she was type 2 diabetic. Her weight loss was used to control it. I dont think she is on insulin but being monitored on the show for her safety.

Believe she's type 2.

We don't watch I'm Celbraty but wife is massive Corrie fan, Sue's ex husband James Quinn was also in Corrie & he also played Phil in Early Doors, playing one half of cop duo who did very little & spent most of their time in pubs while on duty.

Those who have never seen Early Doors should watch it, classic comedy right up there with the best.

Interesting how we can all read different things things from various situation. If the show have provided the CGM it makes sense that it is a Dexcom so that they can monitor her levels remotely. Obviously, if she gets Dexcom on prescription then almost certainly Type 1.
I agree that it is unlikely she would collapse at work due to undiagnosed Type 2 but perhaps she collapsed due to some other illness and Type 2 diabetes was identified and diagnosed secondary to whatever caused her to collapse. ie they did a raft of blood tests and that was flagged up.

Interesting how we can all read different things things from various situation. If the show have provided the CGM it makes sense that it is a Dexcom so that they can monitor her levels remotely. Obviously, if she gets Dexcom on prescription then almost certainly Type 1.
I agree that it is unlikely she would collapse at work due to undiagnosed Type 2 but perhaps she collapsed due to some other illness and Type 2 diabetes was identified and diagnosed secondary to whatever caused her to collapse. ie they did a raft of blood tests and that was flagged up.

Suppose she could still be type 2 but on insulin, good guess is she can afford CGM being actress on Corrie.

I was sure she was Type 1 but have also read of late she’s Type 2. But apparently she collapsed whilst filming and rushed to hospital and was diagnosed with diabetes about 20 years ago. That doesn’t sound like a typical way to be diagnosed with Type 2. Unless the media are presuming because of her age at the time which was about 40. It’s a Dexcom she’s wearing not a Libre so that in itself seems more like Type 1 equipment.
The news report I read said 11 years ago :rofl: Honestly we should take everything with a pinch of salt, but it did say type 2. They said a couple of nights ago that she was exempt from the eating trial that Matt Hancock did last night … which was hilarious. He ate a cows anus, so if some bulls**t comes out of his mouth … we know why !

She did come out with a great story last night though. She’s adopted and had never known her birth mum, when she was in her 20’s and in acting school, she did a performance and some guy turned up and said… good grief you are the spit of my wife when she was your age, turns out that his wife was actually her mum and they have had a great relationship since then

One of the reports I just read (just done a search) referred to eagle eyed viewers spotting an "insulin patch" on her arm..... Just shows how accurate the reporting can be. It did also say she was Type 2 but that may also be right or wrong. I don't think a rice and beans diet is ideal for her unless she is on insulin, so hope they can keep winning stars for her health's sake.

I saw a photo today of her and you can clearly see an insulin pump, which would suggest type1.

It’s the Sun so every single word of it is true… a source told them :rofl:

I saw a photo today of her and you can clearly see an insulin pump, which would suggest type1.
The photo in most of the papers was of a dexcom cgm not an insulin pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back