Sue Cleaver collapses on Coronation Street set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Sue , hope shes better soon .

Personally I hate this kind of reporting. What is an attack of diabetes? Was it a bad hypo that she should have treated? Was it DKA or seriously elevated blood sugars. Or maybe it was something else; influenza, food poisioning, asthma, WHY. The media should be seeking to educate but prefer to sensationalise! This is why I never buy tabloids!

Get well soon Sue.

Last edited:
Personally I hate this kind of reporting. What is an attack of diabetes? Was it a bad hypo that she should have treated? Was it DKA or seriously elevated blood sugars. Or maybe it was something else; influenza, food poisioning, asthma, WHY. The media should be seeking to educate but prefer to sensationalise! This is why I never buy tabloids!

Get well soon Sue.

Its the sun what do you expect from them . Just hope it is not to serious

Here's the Daily Mail version of events:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ospital-collapsing-set.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Same story really. I wonder if she's on insulin or gliclizide and prone to hypos?

Did you read the last comment on the mail link at the bottom of the page words fail me.It is as follows

"Some kind of attack" = she had a hypoglycaemic attack which is very common in diabetics who either don't follow a sensible diet to maintain low blood sugar levels, or don't take their medication correctly, or don't eat regular meals - these are some of the causes of a hypo. It can be quite frightening to see someone having a hypo, but the usual form of treatment is to give the patient a sugary drink, biscuit or similar, and hopefully they come round quite quickly.
- Rosemary, Europe, 24/8/2011 13:5

Did you read the last comment on the mail link at the bottom of the page words fail me.It is as follows

"Some kind of attack" = she had a hypoglycaemic attack which is very common in diabetics who either don't follow a sensible diet to maintain low blood sugar levels, or don't take their medication correctly, or don't eat regular meals - these are some of the causes of a hypo. It can be quite frightening to see someone having a hypo, but the usual form of treatment is to give the patient a sugary drink, biscuit or similar, and hopefully they come round quite quickly.
- Rosemary, Europe, 24/8/2011 13:5

Hmmm...better make sure I follow a diet to give me low blood sugar so I don't have hypos then! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back