such a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Right symptom of me running high is headache it always triggers it ..

Question is am i ok taking the strong ibuprofen 200mg tablets ??, so far i have taken the bog standard aspirin (soluble that is as i dnt swallow pills).

oh dear I hate the headaches that you get when blood sugar has or is high! Not sure about the ibuprofen but would presume so....🙄
hope it clears soon for you

xx

I've never come across any diabetes warnings on ibruprofen but probably worth checking the leaflet that comes with it. Sounds like a perfect question to ask a pharmacist.

well thought id ask here first, dont see pharmacist till wednesday,suppose i could ring , thanks.

Hi Steff, as far as I know there is no problem with taking ibuprofen when you have diabetes - the problem only arises if other medication may not 'mix' with it. Check the leaflets that came with your other meds, or maybe give NHS Direct a call. I'm not supposed to take it because of the statins I am on, so my doctor prescribed ibuprofen gel for muscle pain.

Hope the headache goes quickly!🙂

cheers northener from what i can see from reading the leaflet for my metformin theres no problem , see i didnt even think of checking my metformin leaflet x

Hi Steff...

Just as the others have said...I would check with the pharmacist..simply because of other medication etc...the mix side of things....

When Nathan has these headaches...I but the Migralief or the cool and soothe sticky things that you put on your forehead..I have used them myself...and must say they are very good...also they have some sort of aroma to them which I believe can also help..

Heidi
xx🙂

Poor you I hope it goes soon , I get Migraines so know how you feel :(:(:(

Right symptom of me running high is headache it always triggers it ..

Question is am i ok taking the strong ibuprofen 200mg tablets ??, so far i have taken the bog standard aspirin (soluble that is as i dnt swallow pills).

Just wondering if you drink coffee Stef, I have suffered with these headaches when high, but after speaking with my consultant, he told me to cut the coffee down. (I do drink rather a lot😱) I didnt have any for two weeks and now only have the odd cup, no headaches from day 1, that was about 6 weeks ago now, even came off meds for the headaches. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen every day as well as amitryptaline, not good. Hope they are sorted for you soon hun

Hope your headache is better. I asked my pharmacist who said ibuprofen is fine. He also said as they metabolise in different ways ibuprofen and paracetemol are fine to take at the same time or close together, but I'm quite cautious on this so haven't tried it.

I take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, find they work best that way. They just advise you don't take ibuprofen on an empty stomach.

Just wondering if you drink coffee Stef, I have suffered with these headaches when high, but after speaking with my consultant, he told me to cut the coffee down. (I do drink rather a lot😱) I didnt have any for two weeks and now only have the odd cup, no headaches from day 1, that was about 6 weeks ago now, even came off meds for the headaches. I was taking paracetamol and ibuprofen every day as well as amitryptaline, not good. Hope they are sorted for you soon hun

hi tracey , nope i dont drink coffee or tea x

Another cause of headaches is dehydration, so make sure you also have plenty to drink.

yes Caroline i sponser evian , well i dont but the amount i drink lol, i also drink sugar free robinsons

Thank you julie xxxx

How are you feeling Steff? Hope the headache's gone! 🙂

How are you feeling Steff? Hope the headache's gone! 🙂

hi twitchy ty for asking ,im fine now cheers i think the heat always gets to me as well and it has been lovely here since Saturday x

hi twitchy ty for asking ,im fine now cheers i think the heat always gets to me as well and it has been lovely here since Saturday x

glad you are feeling better, felt like rubbish myself today :( cant tolerate the heat these days, what a pain

glad you are feeling better, felt like rubbish myself today :( cant tolerate the heat these days, what a pain

yes tracey i agree been to hot last 3 days , i really hate headaches i can deal with most things diabetes throws at me but hate headaches grr xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back