Such a dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meme35

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I need some advice I take 14 units of Tresiba at bed time. Well today I took insulin for my dinner 6units but it wasn’t the correct insulin I injected 6 units of treisba not novorapid. What do I do? Thank you x

Hi I need some advice I take 14 units of Tresiba at bed time. Well today I took insulin for my dinner 6units but it wasn’t the correct insulin I injected 6 units of treisba not novorapid. What do I do? Thank you x
You should try and contact your DSN team and see what they suggest.

In general terms it's not terrible to change when you take your basal insulin (it's long acting), so you could just take less this evening (because you took some of it early) and watch for hypos this afternoon (because you had a bit early it'll be adding to the normal dose you took yesterday), and later tomorrow you might be a bit higher than usual (because you had some of the basal earlier it'll be running out). You'll still want some Novorapid for dinner.

Not ideal but it shouldn't be a disaster: keep the overall quantity of Tresiba the same, I think, so you've just shifted some of it a bit earlier so there's a bit too much this afternoon and not quite enough tomorrow afternoon. Meaning the odd bits are during the day when it's relatively safer to deal with it.

Try not to feel too bad about it: we've all done similar things more than once.

You should try and contact your DSN team and see what they suggest.

In general terms it's not terrible to change when you take your basal insulin (it's long acting), so you could just take less this evening (because you took some of it early) and watch for hypos this afternoon (because you had a bit early it'll be adding to the normal dose you took yesterday), and later tomorrow you might be a bit higher than usual (because you had some of the basal earlier it'll be running out). You'll still want some Novorapid for dinner.

Not ideal but it shouldn't be a disaster: keep the overall quantity of Tresiba the same, I think, so you've just shifted some of it a bit earlier so there's a bit too much this afternoon and not quite enough tomorrow afternoon. Meaning the odd bits are during the day when it's relatively safer to deal with it.

Try not to feel too bad about it: we've all done similar things more than once.
Thank you so much for your response. I emailed the hospital as soon as I clocked I took the wrong insulin. I took my novorapid for my dinner. Just a little on edge now lol. But thank you

I’d count the 6 units as an early bedtime dose and have the remaining 8 units at bedtime. That would seem most sensible to me.

Obviously watch your blood sugar carefully over the next couple of days too.

I’d count the 6 units as an early bedtime dose and have the remaining 8 units at bedtime. That would seem most sensible to me.

Obviously watch your blood sugar carefully over the next couple of days too.
But don’t I have to wait 8 hours between tresiba doses? If that’s the case that will be around midnight and I’m asleep by 10-10.30. I will definitely be watching my levels. Thank you for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back