• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Sub conjunctival cyst

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know anything about what this is etc etc My eye been in discomfort since last night. When my partner checked it this morning he found a white blister about .75 mm in diameter on the white part of my eyeball. I contacted eye casualty who looked at photos and made the diagnosis, there is nothing they can do even if it gets worse so they’ve referred me to the eye clinic warning me that it could get worse. I am using my dry eye drops several times a day, as recommended by eye casualty, but the drops aren’t help much with how uncomfortable it feels. It doesn’t make a difference whether my eyes are open or closed. I’m thoroughly miserable about this.

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear your eye problem is making you miserable @AJLang. Nice to hear that A&E were on the ball, tho. I hope they can give you some relief at the eye clinic. (((Hugs))).

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have you tried an eye ointment instead of drops? A couple of squid from the local pharmacy.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My wife had one of these a while back but it's gone away since. She's suffered from dry eyes for years and uses Thealoz Duo eye drops. They're not cheap so pharmacies keep them behind the counter and not out on display.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank you everyone. Eye casualty said that my Hylo Forte May help to ease the symptoms but won’t stop the cyst, but I’m going to stay positive. I’ve put in so many drops of hylo forte today it’s crazy. @Pumper_Sue I can’t get to the pharmacy/leave the house but I’ve ordered some gel from Amazon which will be delivered tomorrow.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My wife had one of these a while back but it's gone away since. She's suffered from dry eyes for years and uses Thealoz Duo eye drops. They're not cheap so pharmacies keep them behind the counter and not out on display.
Thank you so much for the reassurance that your wife’s went away. Did it do this by itself or did she have to have it removed by an opthalmologist. I’ve just ordered from Amazon the drops that you’ve recommended - they’re cheaper than hylo forte :)

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
You will be better off with ointment as it's like Vaseline the gel is completely different

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Sue. I will try to get some.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you so much for the reassurance that your wife’s went away. Did it do this by itself or did she have to have it removed by an opthalmologist. I’ve just ordered from Amazon the drops that you’ve recommended - they’re cheaper than hylo forte :)
The consultant at the eye clinic left it alone. It seems they can go away by themselves over time and don't require treatment unless they're causing a problem. Lubricating eye drops are suggested to ease any discomfort or dryness.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Martin. My consultant emailed me to say that if it’s too uncomfortable then I can have a needle put in it when I get my eye clinic appointment. But it will probably take ages for the appointment so I have time to make any decisions. It’s still very uncomfortable but the eye drops you recommended are providing some help.
Sue the ointment arrived today so I will try that when I go to bed tonight.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Martin. My consultant emailed me to say that if it’s too uncomfortable then I can have a needle put in it when I get my eye clinic appointment. But it will probably take ages for the appointment so I have time to make any decisions. It’s still very uncomfortable but the eye drops you recommended are providing some help.
Sue the ointment arrived today so I will try that when I go to bed tonight.
The other thing my wife did was buy a heated eye mask, which she used every night before going to sleep. You heat it in a microwave and just lie back for a while with it on, then gently massage around your eye with a finger when you take it off.