Stupid pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've had so many problems with presciptions since I moved back into my mum's for a couple of months. Today's issue is that monday I rang through a prescription because I'm on my last lantus pen I went in today (even though they said it would be ready wednesday). 'It's not here when we tried to get it signed by the doctor they said you weren't a patient there..??! we'll collect it at 2 this afternoon so it'll be ready then'. Why do they always leave it until you go in to sort it out for you. She said come back after 2 and it'll be ready I said I can't because my ankle is swollen so I can't walk there and my husband doesn't finish until 6 which is when they close. So they kindly said they would drop it round after 2 but i'm still waiting and i'm worried i'm going to be left without lantus over the weekend at this rate.

I would be ringing them quite frankly. Say you have no insulin left and you have been told by a few people now that the pharmacy can give you the insulin and the latest was that it would be delivered after 2. Say you are very very worried if it isn't as that is potentially life threatening !! Give it to them with both barrells but politely 🙂 Go on, give them a ring and then give them another ring in an hour if you are still waiting.

Any signs of the lantus appearing yet. If not I agree with Adrienne phone them. Is the pharmacy open over the weekend?

Hopefully your problem has been solved by now and you have your new pen.

Last week I needed a new pen as mine had pretty much given up. I was told by the pharmacist that if they had it in stock, I would be able to get it as long as the doctors surgery was shut at the time - so if you don't get tonight, in theory you should be able to get from the pharmacy tomorrow as the surgery will be shut.

I trust you have now got your supplies. Keep an eye on things regarding GPs and signing. A few years ago I was quite unwell and stayed with friends for a couple of weeks. I had to see their GP as an emergency case. When I contacted my practice a few weeks later I was told I was no longer registered there. Nor was I registered at my friend's GP. Having got a prescription from another GP kicked off some process within the NHS Trust. Fortuneately the second receptionst I spoke to knew me and sorted it out - the first wanted me to register as a new patient!

I trust you have now got your supplies. Keep an eye on things regarding GPs and signing. A few years ago I was quite unwell and stayed with friends for a couple of weeks. I had to see their GP as an emergency case. When I contacted my practice a few weeks later I was told I was no longer registered there. Nor was I registered at my friend's GP. Having got a prescription from another GP kicked off some process within the NHS Trust. Fortuneately the second receptionst I spoke to knew me and sorted it out - the first wanted me to register as a new patient!

I had a similar problem with being unregistered at my doctors. I did not respond to a stupid questionnaire they sent out about could you be depressed as you are diabetic. If they had bothered to look, they would have seen I was on anti-depressants at the time. As I did not reply they unregistered me, I had to register as a new patient, and recently after getting married when I went to change my name my records were still locked and I had to register a third time. Grrrr. The doctors also keep giving me a prescription for lancets not test strips.

Hope you have got the lantus now Emma.

I had a similar problem with being unregistered at my doctors. I did not respond to a stupid questionnaire they sent out about could you be depressed as you are diabetic. If they had bothered to look, they would have seen I was on anti-depressants at the time. As I did not reply they unregistered me, I had to register as a new patient, and recently after getting married when I went to change my name my records were still locked and I had to register a third time. Grrrr. The doctors also keep giving me a prescription for lancets not test strips.

Hope you have got the lantus now Emma.

That's terrible rachel!

Thanks all yes finally got my lantus at 6pm with novorapid I didn't ask for without the test strips I also did ask for but fortunately I don't need them immediately 🙄

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back