Stupid GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok, so obviously the first thing i did when i moved to southampton was register with the local GP, made an appointment and after waiting for 40 minutes! was finally seen by the doctor. Anyway, I find out then that they're having a new system done so I'm not on there yet so to come back the following week to get my repeat. So I get back from norfolk and go to the doctors only to find out that the repeat hasn't been done. I get a phone call later saying its ready to pick up, get there and find its been hand written and the stupid GP has only prescribed me one box of everything! Not impressed. I take it to boots anyway only to find out that no, its not a repeat as for it to be a repeat it needs to be printed out. And as for the only 1 box of stuff, apparently i have to go back to my GP. That I can deal with but I'm not sure if i want to wait almost an hour only to find out i still havent been put on the computer system! 😡

Don't forget to get him to sign the form for your bus pass Sam.

Not good that you came back as requested, but not that they didn't have the system ready (although NHS computer systems don't have a good record) and not good that GP couldn't sign prescription correctly, nor that Boots pharmacy couldn't juts issue the contents and send it back to GP to get it signed. However, in some areas (depending on PCT - Primary Care Trust) and some GP surgeries, there is a limit on how much supplies you can have on each prescription - not usually limited to "1 box of everything", more usually, enough for 1 month or other set period. So, you might not be successful in getting larger numbers of items prescribed on your repeat prescription list.
I dropped off repeat prescription request & stamped addressed envelope at GP surgery yesterday, as I finished work early, so just hoping they send it back before any local postal strike. At least Royal Mail tell businesses when disruption is expected, so I find out that way, but not households.

there is a limit on how much supplies you can have on each prescription - not usually limited to "1 box of everything", more usually, enough for 1 month or other set period. So, you might not be successful in getting larger numbers of items prescribed on your repeat prescription list..

I hope so. My last doctors was really good about it and I used to get 8 lots of test strips cuz i get through them so fast and 4 boxes of each insulin. This is just stupid. Thankfully I have an appointment with the nurse on wednesday so maybe she can sort it for me!

I hope so. My last doctors was really good about it and I used to get 8 lots of test strips cuz i get through them so fast and 4 boxes of each insulin. This is just stupid. Thankfully I have an appointment with the nurse on wednesday so maybe she can sort it for me!

I get 4 boxes of test strips (50 in each box) and three boxes of insulin which is really good and lasts me a while, BUT they'll only prescribe 1 box of needles at a time which means I'm having to go back far more regularly for them than for anything else!

My god i feel giddy just reading about all the running around you have had to do .I hope all gets sorted soon.When i need a script i tel chemist and they deliver to my home a day or two later. good luck lynne x

I hope you get things sorted out, but if you don't, I'm in the mood for a good fight so call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back