stupid doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
🙄Saw dr at my surgery on Wednesday evening and explained how worried I am about getting my MRI results. She basically said, stop getting in a state, go home and get on with normal life until told otherwise! Great! I asked her for a script for some more Levemir as I've just been changed over and hadn't got much left. She said "what exactly is it you want?" So I told her 3ml cartridges go go in my pen. When I went to chemist to collect today they came out with a huge box! I said "er I don't think that's right", opened it and it was some huge contraption!! Told the pharmacist to keep it as it wasn't right and had to go back to surgery to get DSN to do new script. She laughed when she saw what had been prescribed! "What on earth was she thinking to prescribe that!!" Finally got the right stuff! Pharmacist thought it was all quite entertaining! 🙄

Tut! It wasn't a big box of insulin suppositories and an 'inserter' was it? 😱 😉

Tut! It wasn't a big box of insulin suppositories and an 'inserter' was it? 😱 😉

By the way, that's just reminded me, when I was in hospital there was a strange old lady opposite who frequently ranted about all kinds of things. Just before I left she announced loudly that she had "asked for a laxative as all diabetics should have a laxative every day!!!!!!!!" I was rolling around laughing! That could be where I've been going wrong!

By the way, that's just reminded me, when I was in hospital there was a strange old lady opposite who frequently ranted about all kinds of things. Just before I left she announced loudly that she had "asked for a laxative as all diabetics should have a laxative every day!!!!!!!!" I was rolling around laughing! That could be where I've been going wrong!
I don't need a laxative as Metformin gives me same effect every day...🙄

... when I was in hospital there was a strange old lady opposite who frequently ranted about all kinds of things. Just before I left she announced loudly that she had "asked for a laxative as all diabetics should have a laxative every day!!!!!!!!" ...

Fancy, taking all those laxatives and yet still being full of .... well you know! 😎

From your original post I am impressed that you managed to get the script corrected so quickly. Well recovered! 😉

Fancy, taking all those laxatives and yet still being full of .... well you know! 😎

From your original post I am impressed that you managed to get the script corrected so quickly. Well recovered! 😉

Haha - she gave us all a laugh!

I happened to already have an appt with DSN so was able to stage a "sit in" until it was sorted! To be honest they are pretty good at my practice, I don't very often have major problems.

This sounds familiar! My surgery have amazing doctors but their admin is diabolical & I rarely get what I ask for in a prescription!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back