Stupid autopen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had to press the button several times to deliver my dose - never liked autopens!

I don't like them either. I really hate it when it jams or doesn't fire (excellent terminology, I know). I might have to investigate the new pens Nikki mentioned - was it ClickStar?

i hate, hate, hate autopens and refuse to use them. Did I mention I hate them?

I had two in a row that when I dialed up the dose, inserted the needle into my skin and then pressed the button, the top cap that you use to dial the dose sprung off delivering NO insulin, and rendering the pen useless.

I now rather naughtily stuff the lantus cartridge into a Humapen. I've been told on numerous occasions this is bad practice as it's unlicensed, but I'd rather do this than use those rubbish plasticy autopens.

I've enquired about the ClikStar pens which look better, but my GP surgery and pharmacy say it's not available until July so fingers crossed I can get hold of one of those.

P.S Shiv - make sure when you Google for ClikStar you spell it without the 'c' before the 'k' otherwise you won't get any hits.

NiVZ

Good luck withthe new pens. That is bad to get an essential item of equipment tht fails a lot. has anyone thought of drawing to the attention of the manufacturer? I'm sure there are planty of others who would also benefit from getting the fault corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back