Study Finds Beta Cells Not Completely Lost in Type 1 Patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
In a large-population based study, researchers used sensitive C-peptide assays to demonstrate that 43-74% people with longstanding (>5 years) type 1 diabetes are microsecretors of endogenous insulin with C-peptide levels.

The Scottish researchers measured the occurrence of visible endogenous C-peptide levels using urine C-peptide-to-creatinine ratio (UCPCR) in a large, nonselected, population-based study of type 1 diabetes and to measure any potential clinical associations. A total of 924 patients from primary and secondary care in two U.K. centers were included.

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/articles/diabetes-news/17557-type-1-diabetes-insulin-microsecretors

Erm suspect if they had asked the Joslin medical centre Boston they could have told them that information. It's been known for years 🙄

Erm suspect if they had asked the Joslin medical centre Boston they could have told them that information. It's been known for years 🙄

I know, not sure why they all have to be doing the same sort of research! 🙄

No it's a waste of money. OTOH we don't know do we, whether Joslin share the actual clinical info.

I can't remember Sue, can you? - whether I only know about it because of Richard 157 telling us either on here or t'other DSF ??

No it's a waste of money. OTOH we don't know do we, whether Joslin share the actual clinical info.

I can't remember Sue, can you? - whether I only know about it because of Richard 157 telling us either on here or t'other DSF ??

Over the years I have heard it mentioned many a time, Jenny.
I suspect 10 mins on the computer (google, bing) will find loads of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back