Student Research Questionnaire about Type 2 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda Foodie

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hi All,

If anyone on this forum is in a position to help with a final year Uni Assignment by completing a research survey, I would be very grateful.

To be eligible, you must be 18+ and diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The link to the online questionnaire is below; all information completed as part of the questionnaire is completely anonymous. Please feel free to pass on the link to anyone else you know who is eligible to complete it as well.

I recognise that not every question will be applicable to your individual situation, but all answers are valuable and your help is very much appreciated. Thanks, Amanda Saunders, mature student completing a BSc in Nutritional Science.
**this study has been approved by @Cherrelle DUK**

Ok completed a few minor comments

1. Q14 'have you been prescribed medication for your type 2 diabetes'
As I no longer take medication, and have not after just a few weeks after diagnosis, I would feel more comfortable if there was an option covering this possibility. 'Initially Prescribed but no longer prescribed'

2. In one section, I forget which, there were a series of separate yes/no boxes to each question but I discovered that I could check both boxes. Seems wrong to me

3. Another question: 'I try to avoid foods high in fats, carbohydrates OR calories'. Seemed an oddly difficult question as I do not avoid fats, do reduce carbohydrates and do not avoid calories. Perhaps it might make better sense if each aspect was a separate, selectable option.

4. Many later long question sections needed to have the option headers visible at all times. Scrolling back and forth trying to ensure the correct option was selected was awkward and error prone.

The exercise section was not comprehensive enough. As I cannot stand or walk for long I exercise in the water. Many people swim regularly or do aquafit like I do, cycle or simple walk daily.

Last edited:
Thanks both for taking the time to complete the questionnaire and to provide us with your feedback.
This is the first time that as nutrition students we have done this, so we have a lot to learn and your feedback is really appreciated. Kind regards, Amanda

Yes I agree the fats, carbohydrates and calories should be separated out.
Two food items seem to be omitted which feature in Type 2 dietary regimes are eggs and cheese.

Thanks again for your support with this. I have just posted the questionnaire in another forum, and added to my post to refer to the feedback we have had so far - so your comments have already been very helpful thanks 🙂

Hi All,

If anyone on this forum is in a position to help with a final year Uni Assignment by completing a research survey, I would be very grateful.

To be eligible, you must be 18+ and diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The link to the online questionnaire is below; all information completed as part of the questionnaire is completely anonymous. Please feel free to pass on the link to anyone else you know who is eligible to complete it as well.

I recognise that not every question will be applicable to your individual situation, but all answers are valuable and your help is very much appreciated. Thanks, Amanda Saunders, mature student completing a BSc in Nutritional Science.
**this study has been approved by @Cherrelle DUK**

THANKS to everyone who has completed our survey so far, and if anyone else would like to complete the questionnaire (pretty please ), it will be open for another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back