Stuck in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebstar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Myself, my husband and 2 teenage grandchildren should have flown back to England on 17 April but we are stuck here with no prospect of flying back till 30 April. It's a nightmare and costing a fortune. Granddaughter has already missed one exam and is likely to miss another if we are here till 30th. I'm worried about my diet while I am here because we have to eat out all the time I don't feel in control of what I have to eat or drink. I have had to cancel my 6 month review. I know none of you can do anything to help but just had to have a moan. I so want to come home:(

Ah! So sorry to hear it :( So much disruption, and I've never heard of it before in all my 51 years. Hope you can make the best of a bad experience and that it doesn't impact too much on your granddaughter when she gets back to school.

Oh goodness, that is not good, if you are on any medication I hope you have got enough supplies.

The 30th is still a week away, I cant believe they cant get you back before that.

I'm not medication for Diabete but I will run out of blood pressure pills before flying back (I took a month's supply with me). I have to get a prescription from doctor goodness knows how much that will cost and the pay for the pills on top of that. We ring airline every day in the hope that they can slot us in earlier but no luck so far. I hope school will be able to arrange things for our granddaughter.

Will your travel insurance pay for the doctors visit and the medications, or at least reinburse you on your return?

There are going to be lots of kids who will be missing exams so i'm sure arrangements have been made.
Hope you get back soon.

I'm hoping insurance will pay for docs and medication but it doesn't look like they will pay for anything else. It's costing a fortune with hotel and car hire and feeding us all everyday. If we don't get back till 30th April we will have been here a month bar one day that's like another holiday!

Have you looked out for food coupons etc.. online if you can print them off of course? or food discounts etc.. and a lot of times 1 meal could do 2 people..

Ponderosa: Family oriented 100 item Lunch & Dinner all you can eat Buffet is Free with any lunch or dinner entree purchase starting from $8.99. Six Orlando area locations.

I always like to go to Sizzler restaurants, enough food to feed the world, and not a bad price either. http://www.orlandosaving.com/sizzlercoupon.htm

http://www.orlandocouponsfree.com/restaurant_coupons.html

http://www.orlandocoupons.com/directory_cat_list.php?cat_id=1

I noticed there were flights from London City Airport today, I know they are only little jets, but there are flights. I hope you are home soon and are able to get more blood pressure pills.

I have heard that schools and examining boards are taking into account all the people unable to get back to the UK, so hopefully your granddaughter wont be penalised and she will be able to do the exams again another time!

Just an update we are now on a flight on 29 April only 1 day sooner but will save 1 day's expenses and my bp medication should just about last. We have rubbish seats but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.🙂

Sorry just catching up , hope all goes well for you it must be very annoying , some would say well your in orlando could be worse places but not the point is it x

Just an update we are now on a flight on 29 April only 1 day sooner but will save 1 day's expenses and my bp medication should just about last. We have rubbish seats but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.🙂

good luck xxxx you'll be well releived to get home ...hope your journey is ok 🙂

Thats good news at least. It is certainly going to change the way I pack for holidays (in the medication sense of the word) which is a shame because I already take tons of supplies, so now I will need my own jet....😉

Glad you are getting home. Safe travels x

If you have a medical condition they are meant to fly you back first!

Thats good news at least. It is certainly going to change the way I pack for holidays (in the medication sense of the word) which is a shame because I already take tons of supplies, so now I will need my own jet....😉

Glad you are getting home. Safe travels x

Me too, I was down to my last cartridge of lantus when I went on my last holiday, I hadn't really packed enough. So I will definatly pay more attention to supplies now.

Also planning to get a credit card for emergency use, as don't have one at the moment.

Glad to hear you are getting back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back