Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter r

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I am struggling to get blood glucose level under control, don't eat bread, pasta cut out sweet stuff & have a very well controlled diet any suggestions to what to do

Have you spoken to your doctor or nurse? Perhaps your medication needs adjustment?

Welcome @Peter r 🙂 How high is your blood sugar? Are you on any medication for the diabetes?

Hi all, I am struggling to get blood glucose level under control, don't eat bread, pasta cut out sweet stuff & have a very well controlled diet any suggestions to what to do
What would be typical meals as there are a few other things that may be contributing to higher blood glucose than you want, rice, potatoes, breakfast cereals, some fruits are all culprits.
Do you have a home testing monitor as that would allow you to check out your meals to see if there is anything that is a problem? Portion size could be important as well./

I have a monitor, I eat small portions,no white bread,rice,pasta & fruit I eat is plums, strawberries, avocados ,I eat overnight oats with 0% fat with fruit, also Surreal cereals which have zero sugars, 13-14% protein & 8% net carbs, lunch is normal 3 hard boiled eggs with zero fat

I have a monitor, I eat small portions,no white bread,rice,pasta & fruit I eat is plums, strawberries, avocados ,I eat overnight oats with 0% fat with fruit, also Surreal cereals which have zero sugars, 13-14% protein & 8% net carbs, lunch is normal 3 hard boiled eggs with zero fat
You do seem to be focusing on low fat, but there is no need as far as blood glucose is concerned as fats do not convert to glucose but they can slow down the conversion of the carbs and make you feel less hungry.
Some before and after meal testing may benefit you so you can see if those oats or Surreal cereals increase your blood glucose by more than 2-3mmol/l after 2 hours
Are you taking any medication and how long have you been diagnosed, when you say you have high glucose what sort of readings are you getting.
Have a look at this link and you may find more meals that you could try. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back