Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Really struggling today with my depression. Suddenly came on just before lunch and hasn't left me. Struggling to focus on anything don't know how I got through the day to be honest. Have been told before that there's a strong link with depression and diabetes so unless a cure is found then this will always happen to me. Haven't felt this down in ages just hope it will soon pass.

Hi Steve sorry to hear you are on a downer today, hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
There is a link between higher blood sugars and depression, so besides helping yourself by managing your diabetes as best as you can, have you spoken to your GP or diabetes team?

Hi Steve sorry to hear you are on a downer today, hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
There is a link between higher blood sugars and depression, so besides helping yourself by managing your diabetes as best as you can, have you spoken to your GP or diabetes team?
Hi yes I spoke to my GP and dsn when I first stated feeling like this about 10 years ago and was put on anti depressants and told it was related to my diabetes. My control has recently stated to improve but still suffer these bouts every so often.

I know this will probably sound trite, but it worked for me when I was depressed and stressed: I did breathing exercises and Tai Chi. It doesn’t make the depression magically disappear but it kind of distances it and helps you cope. I also find getting outside and having a walk somewhere green helps, as does watching a film or series to distract myself.

It’s too late now but next time you feel it coming on would you be able to go for a walk or into your garden and get some fresh air and a little exercise.
It’s so good for you to be outside and even if it feels like the last possible thing on earth you wasn’t to do it’s actually normally the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back