struggling today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi folks , having a crap day! my pump has yet again decided to be tempremental and am sick of the mess it keeps leaving me in , the story is there is something wrong with the hand set bit of the spirit combo that i have, you tell it to bolus and it says it has ( but it doesnt) and about 2 seconds later it come up with error and 'your pump data may not be acurate' comunication warning , i check the data on the pump itself and it says what i thought it did not bolus! but the data on the handset said i did.

It keeps doing this and its driving me nuts 😡 and there is no point in me transfering the data to my pc because half of it is wrong! any way i phoned roche for the 10th time and the have now agreed that there is something wrong with it and are going to send me a replacement and that i can carry on using the pump and the b.m but not the bolus advice:( that means me working out all the complicated maths myself till friday:( i had to resort to having a correction injection earlier because it was missbehaving

it was all going so well after the inital hicups of connection , and its made me feel a bit miffed and grrrrrr

im putting mr.pooky on the naughty step

I'm not surprised you're miffed Bex! Unusual that Roche haven't been falling over themselves to help - I thought these pump firms were supposed to be really good! Hope the replacement is more reliable!

Oh goodness Bex sorry to hear your mr pooky is messing you about i can imagine it being nothing but a total pain in the bum for you, i hope the new one that is sent does its job proper hun xx

Chin up xxxxxx

Last edited:
Hey Bex,

What a bummer- Im not suprised you are peed off. I am shocked to hear you have had to have such a conflab with the pump company on the phone, they should be falling over themselve to sort you out. certainly any form of error like that and they should be attending you- surely that is gold standard?

I had a problem just before Christmas with an unreslovable error on my medtronic pump and it was replaced. I got another on to my door within 24 hours- can you threatening them that you know this is the service of their competetors? Mucking you about like this isnt on, I feel for you hon.

Im not familar with the pump you have, I have seen Shelleys (Shelb1uk) and perhas she will have some advice for you from her experiences of dealing with them.

Hope you feel better. Id take a deep breath, pick up the phone, and give it some welly 😉

Hey Bex,

What a bummer- Im not suprised you are peed off. I am shocked to hear you have had to have such a conflab with the pump company on the phone, they should be falling over themselve to sort you out. certainly any form of error like that and they should be attending you- surely that is gold standard?

I had a problem just before Christmas with an unreslovable error on my medtronic pump and it was replaced. I got another on to my door within 24 hours- can you threatening them that you know this is the service of their competetors? Mucking you about like this isnt on, I feel for you hon.

Im not familar with the pump you have, I have seen Shelleys (Shelb1uk) and perhas she will have some advice for you from her experiences of dealing with them.

Hope you feel better. Id take a deep breath, pick up the phone, and give it some welly 😉

i have phoned them and because its not actually the pump itself thats playing up but the handset that does the bolus advice and i can bolus just using the pump there is no huge rush and as the b.m still works, they think its a problem with the bluetooth bit of it, aparently i can wait although she did say it might be sooner than friday :/ that means staying in , hope it arrives tomorrow as im baaad at the maths and scared of getting it wrong and i kinda depend on the bolus calculator , don't know what i ever did without it! LOL

Oh I see- but still, you would think a big company could get something in the post/courier to you a little faster! How mean!

Is there bluetooth function affected by anything I wonder? I know the range is short, I remember getting some expert advice from Tez once 😉 about these things....I hope it doesnt make you loose faith in your pump. I found it pretty damn spooky when my error occurred- I had considered it flawless for some reason and of course nothing is, but I feel much better about it now.

Hope Friday comes quickly for you! x

Bex - hope you get it sorted. I must admit that pump equipment failure is another reason why I prefer to stick with pen devices, backed up with syringes.

Have you tried your team because they might have some backup pumps that they can lend out until yours gets replaced?

no need for a back up pump the pump its self is fine and can work independantly from the handset , its the hand set that comes with it that does all the clever sums thats broken

i guess for some reason i just viewed it like my own little mini god lol and thought nothing would ever go wrong , but its just technology after all and all techy stuff fails i was just suprised that it was so soon , think i just had a dodgey one

just to clarify though i love my pump and dont know what i ever did without it , and i am sooo grateful and thankful i was able to be given one and will never forget just how lucky i am to have one 🙂 and hope with all my heart every one who wants/needs one gets one 🙂
it is making a world of difference already to me:D

Bex - hope you get it sorted. I must admit that pump equipment failure is another reason why I prefer to stick with pen devices, backed up with syringes.

i see no problems with mdi ,i think it is an individual thing and you have to do what works for you, its just it has never worked for me , also 20 years of injecting 7+ times a day had a massive effect on my injection sites and i was suffering with absorbtion problems and lumps like speed bumps lol

Hey Becky,

Sorry to hear that things aren't working out as well as you'd like them to with the technology side of things. If it's any small consolation I don't use the bolus wizard on my pump which calculates doses nor do I have a meter that's paired with the pump, I only have a key fob style remote control.

Technology is an utter bugger and it does fail, I'm really sorry that it's failed on you as soon as you got it out of the box. If you need someone to have a moan at we're all here for you.

A hint for when you get your new one, my DSN uses the same pump as you himself and he finds that he has to have the meter really close to pump when he's using it in that capacity. If it doesn't do what it's meant to I would just use the bolus calculator to work out the dose and only that, then manually enter the dose on my pump.

Tom

I'd be upset if it happened to me too. Technology is wonderful when it works, it is very effieicent, but when it plays up I often wonder if we didn't manage better without it.I hope everything gets sorted for you very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back