• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Struggling not to cheat

DJBel

Relationship to Diabetes
Gestational
I'm 35 weeks pregnant, so I'm getting close to the end. My GD (gestational diabetes) has been under control for the last 2 months, I'm still maintaining a good weight and my baby's weight is average as well. But for the last 2 weeks, I'm struggling so much not to cheat. Not to sneak in a piece of cake or some rice here and there, everyday. I've been blowing up my sugar levels.
It's terrible and the guilt is overwhelming. I end up getting so upset that this just makes me want to eat carbs even more. In general my diet has been difficult with GD because I'm a vegetarian and keeping that carb count low is tough. Its been a few weeks since I've seen my GD team, because of the guilt I think I'm avoiding seeing them which is not helpful either.

I just feel so guilty that I'm trapped in this vicious cycle of doom that is harming me and my baby. I have approx 5 weeks left of this pregnancy and at this point I'll do anything to get back on the horse, I just don't know where to start....

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Forget about anything that has happened and just take it one day at a time - just be good for tomorrow. Then once you have done that, give the second day a go. Only 35 of those or less and you’ve made it!