Stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Now that I've got your attention here's the result of the doctor's visit. I had tried unsuccessfully to get strips off the other doctor at previous visits.

I gave a run down of my progress since diagnosis and whipped out the BG meter and showed her my readings before the blood test, then with the Metformin and when the dose went up to 2 a day and she was really pleased with them. I said my triredness is far lower now I am on the Metformin. I showed her my weight chart and blood pressure chart and she was impressed that I was determined to avoid complications.

So I asked if I could have some strips so I can see if there are any trends and she said I could have 50 a month on repeat prescription so I could check before breakfast and evening meal.

Whooppee!!!!!!

I've celebrated with a chocolate Wall's Mini Milk:D

hahahahahaha nice start to the thread tez :D

good result in a way for the testing, but i guess you would have liked more??? what monitor do you use???

Now that I've got your attention here's the result of the doctor's visit. I had tried unsuccessfully to get strips off the other doctor at previous visits.

I gave a run down of my progress since diagnosis and whipped out the BG meter and showed her my readings before the blood test, then with the Metformin and when the dose went up to 2 a day and she was really pleased with them. I said my triredness is far lower now I am on the Metformin. I showed her my weight chart and blood pressure chart and she was impressed that I was determined to avoid complications.

So I asked if I could have some strips so I can see if there are any trends and she said I could have 50 a month on repeat prescription so I could check before breakfast and evening meal.

Whooppee!!!!!!

I've celebrated with a chocolate Wall's Mini Milk:D

Good to hear that Tez! Keep it up mate.

Tom H

Great news tez, good to hear you've got a doctor who sees the sense of testing🙂

Yay! Well done Tez.

good result in a way for the testing, but i guess you would have liked more??? what monitor do you use???

Actually, you're right mike - whilst it's better than nothing, I think I would go through 50 strips in a week!😱

Actually, you're right mike - whilst it's better than nothing, I think I would go through 50 strips in a week!😱

i know what you mean!!!! i seem to go through loads all the time, but i have a geat gp for this sort of thing and he just gives me loads as i work away quite a bit.

Mike - I have an Accu-Chek compact plus meter. (And three more to arrive in the post soon:D)

Mike - I have an Accu-Chek compact plus meter. (And three more to arrive in the post soon:D)

they are a good meter to have tez. used to have one myself till i got given a otium exceed by my dsn due to the fact they no longer want people to ude dipstiks totest for ketones as they feel its better to be accurate on these things.

so three more to come then tez???? you opening an ebay store for diabetics???? lol

they are a good meter to have tez. used to have one myself till i got given a otium exceed by my dsn due to the fact they no longer want people to ude dipstiks totest for ketones as they feel its better to be accurate on these things.

so three more to come then tez???? you opening an ebay store for diabetics???? lol

They were all advertised for free in Sweet magazine. I'll keep one in the car and one in my bag at work so if I feel a bit rough I can have a quick test to see if I'm heading towards a hypo. The other one will be a spare.

I quite like the Accu-Chek Compact Plus because all the strips are in a drum inside the meter and the finger pricker is attached to it. However it is quite bulky compared to some of the others I have seen.

They were all advertised for free in Sweet magazine. I'll keep one in the car and one in my bag at work so if I feel a bit rough I can have a quick test to see if I'm heading towards a hypo. The other one will be a spare.

I quite like the Accu-Chek Compact Plus because all the strips are in a drum inside the meter and the finger pricker is attached to it. However it is quite bulky compared to some of the others I have seen.

well it is a good idea to have them all doted around like that tez cos you just never know. i have mine on me all the time and never seem to go anywhere without it now lol

p.s when i saw the title of this thread and the big grin i was expecting another type of strpiing but thats how my mind works

Funnily enough so did I!

p.s when i saw the title of this thread and the big grin i was expecting another type of strpiing but thats how my mind works

hahahahahaha steffi thats why i created the OTHER PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 😛

Nice one, keep up the good work. My doctor claims he is diabetic, but I get more information here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the DSN on the 21st May and I'm working on a list of questions for her already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back