Strictly!

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Loved it! Bill is fab isn’t he? I didn’t understand how Jamie got the score he did, I didn’t like it. Poor Jason, think you’re right and he’ll be out. I really like Max, such a humble lad and a half decent dancer. Really want Clara to do well as I love Alijaz and Lady Marmalade is one of my favourite songs. JJ is doing really well. I too was a bit disappointed with Caroline. Bottom 2, Jason and maybe Caroline.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Bill Bailey is amazing, especially when you compare it to his first dance. I think Jason is on his way out, and the comments seemed fair. There was no flow and it did look like dancing by numbers.
We will see what happens.

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Wow! The performance of the night goes to Bill Bayley, for me! I didn’t know he was a comedian as I only knew him from previously presenting on Classic FM & being a musician. That theme music REALLY worked for the paso. But, unfortunately Stars Wars just DID NOT work & much as I liked Jason Bell from the start I COULD NOT like that performance tonight! But, the biggest surprise, for me, tonight was Max George doing The Simpsons: NEVER thought it would work on paper but, it DID!

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Oh yes! Had a passing thought about Caroline Quentin! She reminds me of Lewis Smith in a way because the skills are there & she’s a beautiful dancer but, that extra bit of character is missing. Lewis Smith certainly had bags of character, as a person, in the gymnastics world, known for it, but, nonetheless in his gymnastics it wasn’t about performance at all being all about the skills so, it took him quite late in the competition for him to let go & finally start to perform in The Charleston. I think it’s the same for Caroline in that she has the skills, childhood ballet, but, not performance. I wouldn’t have thought that to be a problem for her being an actress & particularly struck me in watching back her VT about the theatre that launched her acting career!

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Here’s my thoughts on tonight’s show. All subjective as I am not a dancer and know nowt about it, I just know what I like.
HRVY was amazing but I was mesmerised by Janette she was brilliant! I’ve watched salsa been danced in Havana and love it, would never try and attempt it though, probably put my back out!
Poor Ranvir, she looked very uncomfortable tonight, I felt for her. Hope she stays in.
Max, I thought it looked fine but Craig Wanted more. ;)Diane’s dress was gorgeous!
JJ, not many kicks and flicks but hey, Prince Harry video called him.
Maisie, better than Ranvir’s Cha Cha Cha but Gorka’s socks were putting me off!
Bill, wow! I love Rappers Delight, remember dancing to it in an Acton nightclub in 1979, I’d never heard anything like it and Bill brought back wonderful memories. Bravo!
Caroline, it looked good to me, very elegant and fantastic song choice.
Jamie, sorry missed it as was too busy prancing about my living room. Bamboleo by The Gypsy Kings is our family anthem and danced to at every family gathering. But the judges seem to like it!
Aljaz, he was fantastic, oh and Clara was fab!
What an amazing show, music choices were tip top. The only downer was Anton, I’m not a fan ( controversial, I know some think he’s a national treasure ). I was feeling a bit flat today and it’s cheered me up no end and brought back some great memories. :)
I don’t want anyone to go. :(

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Such a good show, am really enjoying it.
I agree @eggyg that I was watching Janette, she’s so good and love that she is married to Aljaz, they must just smile at each other all day lol.
HRVY very good I thought.
Ranvir, again I agree she did look uncomfortable and very close to tears bless her.
Max was good.
JJ, how smart and proud was he to wear his uniform. Not a great performance but he is always going to have limitations and a superb effort.
Maisie, she’s not one of my favourites but thought she was really good and that the judges comments were again pretty harsh, she’s obviously loving ‘the journey’.
Bill, another great performance though not one of my personal favourites. He’s doing so well.
Caroline, one of my favourite songs, very classy and so want her to do well, but really feel that something essential is missing with her dancing??
Jamie, again an excellent dance. At the beginning of the series I didn’t think he would be any good but he has really improved and he is like a little boy with so much joy, they are making a great pairing.
Clara, definitely dance of the night for me. She looked amazing, loved the dress and the hair style.
Wonderful show and thought Anton did very well. Was hoping he wouldn’t be over the top, as he can be, and he wasn’t so look forward to seeing him next week.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
SPOILER
Really sad to see Max go. Don’t think either of them deserved to be in the bottom two but there you go. Still looking forward to next week.

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, being distracted by The Masters golf, I just caught up with Strictly this week. :rolleyes: There were 3 standout performances for me:- Bill Bailey was SO musically on the beat & every little nuance, to the beat, was just outstanding, so laidback too; Jamie Lang was surprisingly good, again, & made me laugh so much but, he actually was in sync & kept up with Karen, even having to be restrained from starting his, no idea how to spell this but, you know the dance steps I mean, too soon by Karen that was well spotted by Shirley AND it was flagged in slow mo in the results show but, the performance of the night, for me by a whisker over Bill’s, was Clara Amfo! That Charleston was SO good & really brought out her personality!:p:cool::D

Was shocked to see Max in the dance off & even sadder to see him out of the competition. I didn’t really like Maisie’s performance on Saturday or Ranvir’s & thought SHE had a lucky escape not being in the dance off! o_O

This series’ standards has been the best I’ve seen & they’re all so good! :p:cool::D

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well can’t say I agreed with the judges this week, not that I know anything.
Jamie was great, deserved to be top of the leader board.
Maisie, was good but thought too highly marked.
Ranvir, cannot believe Anton gave a 10, I really didn’t like it and it’s my very favourite dance.
HRVY really enjoyed his dance, thought he was great for such a difficult routine.
Bill, thought he was good but the least favourite of the dances he has done so far for me.
JJ thought he was really good this week and hopefully will be safe.
Caroline, thought the comments were over the top, didn’t like it and think she will go this week, though really like her.
Clara, such a disappointment after last week, she is so talented.
Well, I sound like a right old moaning minnie and I certainly couldn’t do it as well as them but just my opinion as an armchair critic. Wouldn’t miss it for the world though

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No idea who is likely to go this week, and like you @SueEK i was surprised by some of the scores, but then I know very little about the ‘rules’ for each of the dances. Enjoyed them all. I favour Bill and Caroline for no other reason than I knew who they were at the start.

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, well, well! Jamie at the top of the leaderboard! BUT, he was REALLY good! He’s really blossomed these 3 weeks since his dance-off & he was absolutely brilliant tonight! Karen seems to have a niche with her Couple’s Choices & Street Dance! All my 3 online votes went on him this week! He blew me away with his performance! o_O:p:D:cool::p

Caroline at LAST showed some character in her very cheeky Cha Cha Cha: I couldn’t believe when I saw her licking Johannes arm! :eek::D

Bill, I thought was just a wee bit lacking & I can’t really put my finger on why? :confused:

There has always been 2 dances on Strictly that I just can’t seem to judge right, just don’t have the judges’ eyes I suppose, & never can predict how the scoring will go: the Cha Cha & the Ballroom Tango; this time I was puzzled & disconcerted by the judges comments about Ranvir’s Argentine Tango but, then, the actual lower scores reflected what I felt about it. I’ve never liked the Ballroom Tango’s jerky staccato & hated it over the years but, also loved some performances as well! On the other hand, my favourite dance has always been the Argentine Tango & it’s THE Tango, for me, as it’s the original: the International or Ballroom Tango was invented later to clean it up a bit as the original was deemed a bit too smutty! I REALLY didn’t like Ranvir’s Argentine Tango tonight & felt a disconnect between her dancing, lacking intensity, & the really good song & performance by Tommy the singer: quite rightly pointed out by Tess; this is only the 2nd Argentine Tango I didn’t like & the other one was Tom Chambers as they both lacked intensity! But, to be fair to Tom Chambers it was new to all the pros, never mind the celeb’s, the year that he did it: apart from Vincent & Flavia who are Argentine Tango experts; Ranvir with Giovanni didn’t have that excuse! :rolleyes:

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, well, well! Jamie at the top of the leaderboard! BUT, he was REALLY good! He’s really blossomed these 3 weeks since his dance-off & he was absolutely brilliant tonight! Karen seems to have a niche with her Couple’s Choices & Street Dance! All my 3 online votes went on him this week! He blew me away with his performance! o_O:p:D:cool::p

Caroline at LAST showed some character in her very cheeky Cha Cha Cha: I couldn’t believe when I saw her licking Johannes arm! :eek::D

Bill, I thought was just a wee bit lacking & I can’t really put my finger on why? :confused:

There has always been 2 dances on Strictly that I just can’t seem to judge right, just don’t have the judges’ eyes I suppose, & never can predict how the scoring will go: the Cha Cha & the Ballroom Tango; this time I was puzzled & disconcerted by the judges comments about Ranvir’s Argentine Tango but, then, the actual lower scores reflected what I felt about it. I’ve never liked the Ballroom Tango’s jerky staccato & hated it over the years but, also loved some performances as well! On the other hand, my favourite dance has always been the Argentine Tango & it’s THE Tango, for me, as it’s the original: the International or Ballroom Tango was invented later to clean it up a bit as the original was deemed a bit too smutty! I REALLY didn’t like Ranvir’s Argentine Tango tonight & felt a disconnect between her dancing, lacking intensity, & the really good song & performance by Tommy the singer: quite rightly pointed out by Tess; this is only the 2nd Argentine Tango I didn’t like & the other one was Tom Chambers as they both lacked intensity! But, to be fair to Tom Chambers it was new to all the pros, never mind the celeb’s, the year that he did it: apart from Vincent & Flavia who are Argentine Tango experts; Ranvir with Giovanni didn’t have that excuse! :rolleyes:
I saw Vincent and Flavia in the Eastbourne theatre a few years ago, it was absolutely amazing. It was in the same theatre that I used to go and see the ballet when I was a child, lovely memories.

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just want to say, I don't have a TV so I am getting my "Strictly fix" through your comments on here and then my friend will text me her thoughts tomorrow when she watches both episodes together.
Just want to say many thanks for the informative critiques. Really enjoying reading them and it means I can have a knowledgeable conversation with my friend even though I have not seen it. I am a Strictly fan and have been to lots of the live shows but can't justify having a TV and Licence

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes, I have seen Vincent and Flavia on tour a couple of times and they were breathtaking in their performances!

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Was supposed to send this last night but only had 15 mins before a Scandi drama started on BBC4. I wasn’t wowed with anyone last night, poor Clara I felt for her, she went wrong in the middle and just lost it. Bill as usual very graceful. JJ much better than last week. Maisie was good. I really don’t get Jamie, I really think I’m watching something else to the judges. I can dance like that, after 10 Bacardi and Cokes! Well, I could at his age! Now Caroline, hmm.. bit embarrassing. I can’t warm to her although I have always liked her as an actress. HRVY did ok but better at Latin I think. Ranvir, I love the Argentine tango and this was ok for just week 4 but nothing for me can beat Kara Tointon and Artem. Just Googled it and it was 10 years ago! Blimey! She got two 9s and two 10s. It was spine tingling. I think maybe Caroline could be in danger tonight, the judges thought it was her best dance but I’m not so sure.