Stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone else find themselves getting more stressed by stuff than their non diabetic counterparts or is it just that I'm desperate for an excuse?! All the work we are having done is really doing my head in and tonight I feel quite:( ill. Maybe it's because I thought today would be the last day of workmen and instead we are left with a big hole in the bathroom wall, no fan fitted yet, and no bathroom light. Every single room in the house is a mess and I just wondered whether stress is linked to diabetes or if I'm just being daft.:(

Hi hun no your not alone, stress can be a factor in causing BG levles to rise and i also think sometimes the diabetes exasibates issues that to others seem small, for example the other day I was having the council guy here fixing a fitting in my living room he left a big mess behind and i went spare swearing and all sorts(now im not putting it down to the dibaetes but it dont help lol) it took the OH 5 minutes to sort the mess and about an hour to calm me down afterwards i felt so silly for getting so worked up.Also most people dont like to see there pride and joy (home) in such a tip and it feels like the place is being invaded im sure once the house is all complete and the workmen have gone some of your stress will be lifted im sure of it xx

Aww thanks Steffie, it's like a vicious circle I suppose, a bit of stress = higher levels = a bit more stress and so on. I think I'd got fixed on the fact that it's nearly over and I really feel quite shakey tonight. OH not going to be here in the morning either so I'm on my own with man who isn't very friendly. Maybe tonight I'll find a good book and try to settle with it tomorrow - just let him get on with it. Easy to say though isn't it? xx

Aww thanks Steffie, it's like a vicious circle I suppose, a bit of stress = higher levels = a bit more stress and so on. I think I'd got fixed on the fact that it's nearly over and I really feel quite shakey tonight. OH not going to be here in the morning either so I'm on my own with man who isn't very friendly. Maybe tonight I'll find a good book and try to settle with it tomorrow - just let him get on with it. Easy to say though isn't it? xx

Yeah id be checking his work every 5 minutes but im an uptight person by nature anyways i hate having builders etc etc in, they must leave my place thinking thank goodness she is a right dragon lol x

Just checked sugar and it's 13.4 so had a drop of the magic juice as I call it (humalog) could be why I feel shaky and rubbish.

Yeah id be checking his work every 5 minutes but im an uptight person by nature anyways i hate having builders etc etc in, they must leave my place thinking thank goodness she is a right dragon lol x

Steffie, I can't believe you're uptight. You always seem laid back and cheerful in your posts.

Steffie, I can't believe you're uptight. You always seem laid back and cheerful in your posts.

NO need to be uptight on here more often then not lol so it dont show,come sit in my living room for abit then you will see it take full effect hehehe x x

Last edited:
Does anyone else find themselves getting more stressed by stuff than their non diabetic counterparts or is it just that I'm desperate for an excuse?! All the work we are having done is really doing my head in and tonight I feel quite:( ill. Maybe it's because I thought today would be the last day of workmen and instead we are left with a big hole in the bathroom wall, no fan fitted yet, and no bathroom light. Every single room in the house is a mess and I just wondered whether stress is linked to diabetes or if I'm just being daft.:(

Can't say I have noticed the diabetes causing me any more stress, but the kind of mess you describe does. I hate things being out of place, I hate redecorating and building work being done and if I have to depend on others it is even worse. Last year we had a new boiler and central heating put in, it went on for two weeks and took over the entire house and it was horrible.

I think there really is a tendency of accusing diabetes for all the troubles You are having - it's just very easy to hide ad say "there's nothing I can do; it's not my fault". Every person has plenty of stressful situations but not every person takes it hard. So be more positive bake a cake for Your workmen instead and they'll have inspiration to work faster😡P

I hate having workmen in and I hate mess, but I do find even the offer of tea and coffee is an incentive to work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back