Stress can be a factor for developing diabetes, autoimmune diseases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Recurring stress can trigger insulin resistance, hypertension, abdominal fat deposition; glucose elevation is the cause of this illness.

Stress is an ability of humans to fight or flee when faced with problems affecting the individual. By changes in the organism, adaptation to various physical conditions is achieved: burns, bruises, bleeding or psychosocial traumas.

It is the route by which the body tries to solve a problem, but when the situation becomes recurrent, stress can trigger diseases such as diabetes, depression, insulin resistance, hypertension, abdominal fat deposition and other autoimmune diseases, said Siegfried Miracle Lopez, chief of endocrinology at the Advanced Immunology Center in Hospital Angeles Lomas.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150102071555.htm

I was well sressed the 2 years before dx. Oh well, too late now!🙄

Well I'd already worked out that stress is my nemesis, the only thing guaranteed to get me into double figures is stress, 2012/13 was the most stressful time at work and home wise, in hospital they asked about stress I gave them my list of woes and they said, ah yes that'll be it then.

I was under a great deal of stress when (with hindsight) I started developing symptoms. The company had been subjected to an aggressive takeover, was outsourcing my department to India, plus I was involved in one of the most complex and important projects at the time. Eventually, I threw in the towel and about 18 months later I was diagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back