Strange taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherhen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve got this strange taste in my mouth, the only way I can describe it is it’s sort of a minty taste but not.
Sorry if you think that’s daft but wondered if anyone else gets it.

Would you say it is perhaps a metallic taste or sensation? I think some people get that with Metformin use.

I can't drink tea after taking metformin. I used to do tasting for Allied Lyons and the strange taste must have blown a fuse or something similar - if anything the smells are even more intense, but when brewed, bleugh!
When I had the Omicron variant recent yoghurt tasted like beef stew - I have not dared to have any since.
The sense of taste is very strange.

@Motherhen have you taken a Lateral Flow Test?
Lack of taste or a weird taste or smell has been a symptom of covid so it would be good to rule it out.

One of my friends reported smelling burnt toast every so often when there was no bread near the toaster or grill.

@Motherhen have you taken a Lateral Flow Test?
Lack of taste or a weird taste or smell has been a symptom of covid so it would be good to rule it out.

One of my friends reported smelling burnt toast every so often when there was no bread near the toaster or grill.
Helli, yes all done negative plus I’ve not been out for about 3 weeks and no one’s come in
so didn’t think it was that. Its all very strange. I don’t have it every day. Who knows .

A particular pharmaceutical company metformin made me have a strange taste in my mouth .I am fine with all others ,my pharmacist told me that it probably is not the Metformin but the other additional content
Carol

Have you checked sugar levels if so are they high.Maybe check your keystones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back