Strange Pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Since everything started being sealed items like vials of insulin and test strips arrived in sealed boxes. Earlier this year because of circumstances I had to change pharmacies. This seems both friendly and competent but has a bizarre habit. Besides sticking a pharmacy label oon the box the seal is brocken and an additional label attached to the vial or bottle. Why? Is it a new EU rule? Is it a firm of OCD?

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_091623.jpg
    IMG_20211011_091623.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 24
Well as we are not in the EU , it is not likely to be a new EU rule.

I hate it when they do that! I like to check the seals are unbroken - which I can’t do if they’ve opened it to stick a label on!

I think it might depend on the people working there as my pharmacy went through a stage of excessive labelling a few years ago but don’t now.

Did the vial still have its plastic cap, over the top of where you bung the needle in? ( - or doesn't Hypurin have a plastic cap over the metal/plastic cap on the neck of the vial?) Coming as per photo - nobody knows if the insulin has been messed about with - so I'd refuse to accept it anyway TBH.

Hypurin has the usual flip off cap @trophywench I’d definitely not accept a vial without that on! My pharmacy once tried to give me pen cartridges where the foil had been opened then sellotaped up!!

Mine open the box and stick a label on each pen sometimes, but not always… not yet figured out what decides how many labels I get.

Well with vials I would NOT accept an opened box in the first place - and with no 'flip top' I'd have a right rant - the sharpest bit of the sharp end of my tongue. They'd have no doubt whatsoever where I was telling them to stick it !

Well with vials I would NOT accept an opened box in the first place - and with no 'flip top' I'd have a right rant - the sharpest bit of the sharp end of my tongue. They'd have no doubt whatsoever where I was telling them to stick it !
No way would I use a vial with a missing seal. Someone may have substituted potassium chloride!

No way would I use a vial with a missing seal. Someone may have substituted potassium chloride!
Aaah, but ! There again, ever taken one off and then put it back on again? I have, I forget why I would have done that now, probably 'just wondered' if you could one day. I could - so it most likely proves nowt being there, all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back