Strange mouth bump ulcer thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone

Right where the ole wisdom tooth should be (but isn't yet huzzah) I have noticed a bizaare sweeling ulcery bump thing. It's not sore, rather...uncomfortable. I had a similar thing over on the other side yeaaaaaaars ago and nothing came of it other than a tiny showing of tooth. Any idea? Is this the start of a wisom tooth coming? I'd see a dentist but the one im registered with is hundreds of miles away...

I don't think you have to see the dentist you are registered with to get problems sorted out, but check.

Personally anything I can't explain I get checked out. A couple of time I have been able to catch absceses early. It might be nothing, but it is worth having checked for your own peace of mind.

I don't think you have to see the dentist you are registered with to get problems sorted out, but check.

Personally anything I can't explain I get checked out. A couple of time I have been able to catch absceses early. It might be nothing, but it is worth having checked for your own peace of mind.

Thank you, but wouldn't that cost like...a small fortune? The reason I only go for checkups once a year is cuz the dentist is so expensive :(

I'll definitely phone up and ask. Maybe I just burnt myself on my dinner or something and its gone funny. It's not getting in the way or anything, but I guess it's best to ask. I'll go into the dentist next door and ask tomorrow :D

Some dentists are expensive. Good luck, I hope you get it sorted with not too much trouble

thank you hun :D I'll let you know!!!

i'm a Dental Nurse and work for a NHS dentist,and its not expensive - but private dentist can be very expensive the can charges differ from one private dentist to another but with NHS its set by the government.. Anyway the swelling does sound like a wisdom tooth is trying to errupt, if its right at the back where a tooth could come thru. The only way to know this for sure is with an xray.. normally if you have one on the other side then i would think its symetrical. Of course without having a proper diagnosis and not seeing it, i'm just guessing so its your decision about getting it checked out.
xx

i'm a Dental Nurse and work for a NHS dentist,and its not expensive - but private dentist can be very expensive the can charges differ from one private dentist to another but with NHS its set by the government.. Anyway the swelling does sound like a wisdom tooth is trying to errupt, if its right at the back where a tooth could come thru. The only way to know this for sure is with an xray.. normally if you have one on the other side then i would think its symetrical. Of course without having a proper diagnosis and not seeing it, i'm just guessing so its your decision about getting it checked out.
xx

ooooooooh thank you :D I did think it could be a wisom tooth trying to come out and annoy me *grumble grumble* so thanks, thats really helpfull! I'll swing into the dentist next door and see if they can help out :D

i would of thought you can go and get it checked out at another private dentist .. coz you;ll just pay them, be warned though i'm sure they will charge you lots coz your not there regular patient! xx

Sam, go to my dentist on Shirley Road - number 112, it's called The Shirley Road Dental Practice phone 023 80224401. It is a superb practice, and much better than the one next door to you (I have a friend who goes to that one and is unimpressed as he seems to do unneccesary work). My dentist is private, but his charges are practically the same as NHS. They opted out of the NHS as they thought the new rules would force them to spend less time with their patients - honestly, they are really, really good!

Sounds to me like it may just be the wisdom tooth 'showing' - mine took years to come through!

sounds like wisdom tooth...rinse with warm water for pain, and get some Bonjella but get it checked...Ive lost 2 teeth due to absesses ...but wtach out if its infected and they put you on antibiotics....make sure you let them know you are D as the antibiotics made me feel quite sick! good luck Hun

xx

have you got any tips on how i can get myself an NHS dentist? seems impossible :D

Best contact your local PCT (Primary Care Trust) as the situation varies from area to area.

Hi im a dental nurse too,and i agree with chezpez, could be a wisdom tooth coming, but it could be abything, I would get it checked out, as you dont have bad pain you will have caught it early if it turns out to be an abcess, but as theres no tooth there its probably not an abcess, but pericornitis, (inflamation), warm rinses may help, but ultimatly a trip to the dentist is yr best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back