Strange county, Lancashire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well knock me down with a feather duster..... just looked out of the window and it's snowing!

Brr must be absolutely freezing then

Here too in County Durham. Does that make it strange as well?
It's trying to lie but the ground is a bit too damp down in the valley here. I walked up to Consett last night (to get some cream for my coffee this morning) and there was a layer of 1-2 inches of frozen snow up there then and a bitter wind, so I imagine it is adding to that now.
My coffee was so tasty with cream this morning though, so well worth the 6 mile round trip! I can get Elmlea in the village but I refuse to buy that manufactured highly processed rubbish.
I know you are a scientist @Docb so you will be interested to know it took me an 8th of a jar of peanut butter, 2 jelly babies and a Lift tablet to get me up to Consett and back in artic conditions for a pot of cream.... Not sure how energy effective that was....or how it compares to the fuel it would have taken to use the car.... but I find it quite interesting. I should add that I ate the peanut butter a couple of hours before I set off so it was releasing whilst I walked, rather than walking along with the jar and a spoon. 😉

Where I am it attempted to snow yesterday but didn’t come to anything.Only trouble was when I was out in town and got a box of chips for tea the libre was too cold to work as it came up with “Scan Error” and a finger prick wouldn’t work as I was too cold to get any blood

But according to my Preston born husband, it only ever rains in Lancashire.
Had a weird experience yesterday, set off in falling but not settling snow to pick daughter up in the next town and thence to riding lesson. By I went through the next village it was beginning to settle, drove into daughter's town, which admittedly is on the top of a Cotswold hill, and encountered traffic chaos! Cars sliding around all over the place, driving at 10mph, as they encountered ruts of snow freezing on the cold tarmac. Managed to slide up daughter's side road and pick her up, crawled along the main road and exited the town…roads between her house and riding, which is even further up the Cotswolds…perfectly clear.

Must have been icy as well quite scary driving in that then

@Lily123 I clearly had enough layers on and was warm enough from the exertion of yomping up a mile long hill to keep mine warm and just as well as I didn't spot the hypo symptoms due to the cold and dark until I was 3.6 at the highest most exposed point on the route.

It's really frustrating when Libre and/or BG meter gets too cold to work. It happens to me a lot in winter. I almost always manage to get blood, it's the technology that lets me down.

@rebrascora It is annoying when the cold makes it harder to tell when you feel your on a hypo

But according to my Preston born husband, it only ever rains in Lancashire.
He's got it although that generalisation only really applies on the flat bits. That's why so much cheese is made here. I think the world might be coming to an end, it's the only explanation.

Yup here in Lytham it kind of snowed. Wet snow. Then vanished. But it is very very cold out there.

Yup here in Lytham it kind of snowed. Wet snow. Then vanished. But it is very very cold out there.
Reassuring to know that the refined bit of Lancashire is unscathed. I'm thinking it will soon be time to construct that rarity of rarities.... a Lancashire snowman.

Fair covering of snow in Cumbria, trouble now is freezing conditions outside, be like ice rink in morning, will be washed away in few days as rain is coming back.

I think we were 20 mins ahead of you today. Quite a thick covering now.
Mmm, 2 or 3 inches well settled on the garden, shed etc roof and car/moho. Nowhere near as thick on the front garden, nowt left on road and most of the pavements either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back