Storage question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My ever increasing diabetes paraphernalia has now meant my biscuit box is no longer big enough, has anyone got any suggestions of what to use and what do you use to keep your stuff in?Any links to places that sell stuff like this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I keep my main bulk of stuff in a pretty pink wash bag from wilkinson and i keep my meter in a matching makeup bag.
carole
ps both fit into my nice new oversize hand bag that steve bought me.

I'm like Caroleann, I keep all my stuff (pills, spare kit etc) in a large washbag and have a small one for carrying around.

I have a black wilko bag that is cotton, so that could be an idea then without any extra expense.

I use a pencil case for all my kit, everything fits in nicely and it's easy to carry round with me.

I use a pencil case for all my kit, everything fits in nicely and it's easy to carry round with me.

same - as for the stuff i don't carry around eg needles, unopened test strips etc they are in a box on my dresser. i keep spare pens under the bathroom sink!

Thanks peeps, just realised tbh i have kept all the manuels for my 2 meters they take up half the room 🙄

I use two of these, one I keep all my spare supplies/meds in and the other I keep the meds that I am using.

0196940_m.jpg

I got them in Wilkinsons..

I use two of these, one I keep all my spare supplies/meds in and the other I keep the meds that I am using.

0196940_m.jpg

That looks perfect and wilkos are relevtly cheap ,thanks Squidge

i keep all my home stuff in a pink shoe box under my bed, though i am gonna buy a nice new box soon or one of those baskets. As for my pens and meter etc..keep in in the pouch that came with my glucometer, all fits in (with a bit of effort to close the zip lol) x

One regular drawer (about 60cm wide) in a small chest of drawers holds all my spares for diabetes and contact lenses - including a box each of pen needles and lancets which last me for years.
By the way Shiv, I wouldn't keep anything medicinal or with moving metal parts in the bathroom (or kitchen) - rooms with wide ranges of humidity and temperature.

bed side table top draw is my drug store! and a bit of the fridge for the special stuff!

Insulin in the door of the fridge. All my spare tablets, strips needles etc in the bottom draw of my bedside draws. In my bag I have my mter loose and in a pencil case my insulin pens, a couple of needles and glucose tabs.

By the way Shiv, I wouldn't keep anything medicinal or with moving metal parts in the bathroom (or kitchen) - rooms with wide ranges of humidity and temperature.

thanks for that - i was having a good old tidy last night, i'll find another home for them.

Hi Steff

I have one of those weekly pill boxes for my tablets but the did you know that you can get a free wallet for your Bytetta pen? Ring eLilly (01256 315000) and ask them to send you one. It will hold 2 pens and a handful of needle tips.

I am not sure why it holds 2 mind you as you are advised to keep unused ones in the fridge! I keep the one I am using in this little wallet together with some pen tips and leave it on a shelf in my cool downstairs loo - if I leave the pen anywhere else in the house it runs the risk of getting too warm and little bubbles can appear in it - so find a cool spot out of the sun and way from radiators for it. You shouldn't keep the one in use in the fridge, unlike insulin, it needs to be at room temp. 🙂

Hi Steff

I have one of those weekly pill boxes for my tablets but the did you know that you can get a free wallet for your Bytetta pen? Ring eLilly (01256 315000) and ask them to send you one. It will hold 2 pens and a handful of needle tips.

I am not sure why it holds 2 mind you as you are advised to keep unused ones in the fridge! I keep the one I am using in this little wallet together with some pen tips and leave it on a shelf in my cool downstairs loo - if I leave the pen anywhere else in the house it runs the risk of getting too warm and little bubbles can appear in it - so find a cool spot out of the sun and way from radiators for it. You shouldn't keep the one in use in the fridge, unlike insulin, it needs to be at room temp. 🙂

oooh excellent thanks Lesley will ring that number in abit x

I keep all my insulin in the fridge and everything else goes into a cupboard in Jessica's room. I always keep a sharps bin and needles/ lancets on the coffee table - let's face it there's no point in putting it away every time. When jessica is a little older I'll probably need suggestions for where to put the things that I leave on the coffee table so that she can't get to them. What have you decided on steff? xx

0196940_m.jpg

damn it squidge, this was my idea hehehe 🙄 mine r very similar and pink...perfic for all me betes bits....o and i carry a pencil case thingy for my everyday stuff, storage is for supplies x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back