Stopping Trulicity Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo catwoman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I received a text today from the surgery DN. It stated that there is now no Trulicity available and that I need to book an appointment for all the usual checks. I rand the surgery to book the appointment and asked about the Trulicity, she said it is unavailable and they don’t know when it will be. I hadnt heard this before.
Tbh, I am depressed anyway, due to various factors in my life. The Trulicity seemed to be working well for me. I am having regular eye injections and I am really panicking. I have an appointment next week with DN. Can anybody advise please? I’m crying at moment.

Have you tried phoning Diabetes U.K. on the number at the top of this page @Jojo catwoman ? Please don’t panic. I’m sure there’ll be something that can replace it and still give you the results you need x

I’ll also tag @everydayupsanddowns in case he knows.

At your appointment you should be able to review your test results and discuss an alternative form of medication or diet/exercise changes with the diabetes nurse to agree on a new plan of management

Sorry to hear you’ve been caught up in the medicine shortages that seem to be running rampant at the moment. Initially it seemed to be the ‘off label’ prescribing of GLP agonists for weight loss, but it seems like every week another shortage is announced.

Diabetes UK have a page here that they are updating periodically with new information as it emerges

Try not to panic. It’s really unfortunate timing given that you have other things on your plate, and could really do without this extra worry, but there are alternatives available, and hopefully your appointment with the nurse will help you decide on a way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back