Stomach Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I keep getting stomach pains where I inject. It only happens when I inject in my stomach & I try to change in injection sites but its hard when I have limited access :( It really hurts and nothing I do helps.

Hi Lou,

Have you tried using your arms? for me when I was on jabs I used to find that this was helpful. I also found going above my belly button also helped me to get things rotated around and give my beer gut a break.

Hope this helps,

Tom

i try to where possible but where i test my blood in my arm it gets sore too.

I had the same problem lou i totally avoid doing my stomach, although i was told the tummy absorbs the insulin the fastest.

After my very first injection at home, so it was my second my stomach was killing I was rolling around in agony for half an hour I very nearly crawled to the quacks!

Hope it passes, I find the stomach quite difficult to get the right pain free area, still there no rush to find it I got a few more years to work it!

Take care

Rossi 🙂

When I was first diagnosed I was put on glargine (i think it was called) When I injected that it felt like i had an open wound there bout the size of a 50p. It would wear off after bout 10 hours just in time for me to take the next one!!! Needless to say I wasn't on it very long.

I keep getting stomach pains where I inject. It only happens when I inject in my stomach & I try to change in injection sites but its hard when I have limited access :( It really hurts and nothing I do helps.

Out of interest, what size needle do you use? Sometimes changing from a 8mm needle to a 5mm can help in such matters, but if you are already using a 5mm needle, try using the thighs or buttocks, but remember that if you do inject in the buttocks that the insulin is slower at releasing than say the stomach, but effective nonetheless. Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back