Stinking cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Arrggg now got a cold. Has anyone got any tips for a really streaming nose. My nose had always done this and I used to use actifed before I became type one in 2020. Last year I was told I could use it but I've changed my insulin and can't now so does anyone have any tips. My nose will stream easily for at least 3 days.

Sudafed? Or is that the same thing? For temporary relief a vicks stick, eucalyptus works.

Sudafed? Or is that the same thing? For temporary relief a vicks stick, eucalyptus works.
Cheers Dave, no sudafed is another one. They won't let me have that either. Vicks and Eucalyptus are ok when I'm blocked up otherwise they just make my nose run either more

I must admit to just riding it out. I once had a real stinker of a cold ( runny nose but bunged up, headache etc etc) and was going to a concert. I dosed myself up with Sudafed. Stopped the runny nose in its tracks which was great, but as soon as I stopped taking it, it all started again! If you can, have a box of tissues by your side and just let it go! Good luck, there’s nothing worse.

I must admit to just riding it out. I once had a real stinker of a cold ( runny nose but bunged up, headache etc etc) and was going to a concert. I dosed myself up with Sudafed. Stopped the runny nose in its tracks which was great, but as soon as I stopped taking it, it all started again! If you can, have a box of tissues by your side and just let it go! Good luck, there’s nothing worse.
Hi eggyg. Mine runs so much it is litterly debilitating. I'll go through 3 loo rolls easily in a day. Got to say though this isn't as bad as usual this time and doesn't really feel the usual cold for me. I did a lateral flow and that came back negative so I'll do another one today.

Arrggg now got a cold. Has anyone got any tips for a really streaming nose. My nose had always done this and I used to use actifed before I became type one in 2020. Last year I was told I could use it but I've changed my insulin and can't now so does anyone have any tips. My nose will stream easily for at least 3 days.
I tend to use Sudafed - I can't sleep without it when my nose is blocked/running like a tap. I don't sleep well at the best of times so anything gives me a fighting chance at a half decent sleep I'll take. Beconase seems to help as well but it's a steroid, so takes a couple of days to start working.

My girlfriend tends to favour Sinutab, but they don't work for me.

I tend to use Sudafed - I can't sleep without it when my nose is blocked/running like a tap. Beconase seems to help as well but it's a steroid, so takes a couple of days to work.

My girlfriend tends to favour Sinutab, but they don't work for me.
I think it's got something to do with the active ingredients used to speed up the Lyumjev.

Oh poop! Just tested positive! Crikey hope I stay mild. I'm all vaccinated up.

oh noes :(
Hope you kick its butt x

So do I,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back