Stinking cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzydi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This is my first cold since being diagnosed - my BS are all over the place and I feel really poorly sick.

Does anyone know if there any decongestants I could buy to tame the symtoms?

:(

Hiya, I am loaded with the cold as well, all I can recommend is Paracetamol and staying warm and taking it easy (if you can). I dont take decongestants. There is a really nasty bug going around just now. (((Hugs)))

I hope the cold is better soon. Paracetemol will ower temperature, ask your pharmacist or NHS Direct about decongestants. Some are better than others.

Sorry to hear you aren't well.

With regard to oral decongestants you need to be careful if you are on medication for high blood pressure.

I suffer from sinus and went to the chemist to get some sudafed a while ago, the pharmacist asked if I was taking any other medication and when I mentioned I was on medication for high BP he said I couldn't have any because they don't mix well with the tablets I am on for my high BP.

Olbas Oil is good for helping when your nose is bunged up, you can get it in a dropper bottle or in an inhaler. Also if you get menthol crystals and put a few in a bowl of hot water and inhale the fumes it helps to unblock your nose.

Sorry to hear you aren't well.

With regard to oral decongestants you need to be careful if you are on medication for high blood pressure.

I suffer from sinus and went to the chemist to get some sudafed a while ago, the pharmacist asked if I was taking any other medication and when I mentioned I was on medication for high BP he said I couldn't have any because they don't mix well with the tablets I am on for my high BP.

Olbas Oil is good for helping when your nose is bunged up, you can get it in a dropper bottle or in an inhaler. Also if you get menthol crystals and put a few in a bowl of hot water and inhale the fumes it helps to unblock your nose.

this cold has been through my whole family... my stepson swore by beechams flu plus ...the rest of us had paracetmaol ibruphen and Olbas oil and hubby a bottle whisky ..rest as much as you can and ask local chemist as they are probably sellling loads of stuff at mo..i can't take sudafed for example it makes me very jitterery x

It is also important to keep the fluids up too, preferably sugar free ones as with any infection or virus the sugar levels are like to run rampant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back