Sticky adhesive gunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Fellow pumpers what do you use to get the gunky stuff off? I have bought some wipes ?4.80 for 20....seems pricey. Anyone get this sort of thing on prescription?

Steret swabs on precription work well or over the counter for about ?1.50/100
Or plain and simple baby oil works wonders 🙂

Steret swabs on precription work well or over the counter for about ?1.50/100
Or plain and simple baby oil works wonders 🙂

Thanks Sue....I'll try baby oil 🙂

Never had problems getting rid of it, myself. Maybe that's just me? 😉

I don't have a problem either 🙂 I just passed on what others say.

Fellow pumpers what do you use to get the gunky stuff off? I have bought some wipes ?4.80 for 20....seems pricey. Anyone get this sort of thing on prescription?

Surgical spirit! Super cheap and a bottle lasts ages. Gets rid of all the stuff in a second (and dare I say, it would be a bit more manly than baby oil 😛)

What type of pump is it Because i use a medtronic and the sticky bit doesnt stay on me ? I climb in and out of lofts etc(at work !) and quite often catch the tube on ladders and other things & it takes a great deal of effort to come off. When i want to remove cannula , no probs ! :confused:

What type of pump is it Because i use a medtronic and the sticky bit doesnt stay on me ? I climb in and out of lofts etc(at work !) and quite often catch the tube on ladders and other things & it takes a great deal of effort to come off. When i want to remove cannula , no probs ! :confused:

To stop the tubing being yanked out use some tape half an inch from the cannula. This stops wastage (expensive) and pain. 🙂

I use a Roche - no sticky gunk.

I'm doubtful re using spirit, it actually hardens your skin, runner/walkers use it on their heels to help avoid blisters.

Baby oil always gets the really really sticky goo off from Nicotine patches or ordinary plasters, though!

I use a Roche - no sticky gunk.

I'm doubtful re using spirit, it actually hardens your skin, runner/walkers use it on their heels to help avoid blisters.

Baby oil always gets the really really sticky goo off from Nicotine patches or ordinary plasters, though!

Oh didn't know that! Best start using baby oil instead as well then 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back